Chapter 16- Wait

*Kami's POV*
*Continues where left off..

When we got home from dinner, I gave Jack his birthday present ;) (LOL that's awkward)

"Happy fourty-second babe." I said, giving him a tired smile and rolling off the top of him.

"Thank you." He said, kissing my forehead and cuddling up to me.

Yep, I know what you're thinking, is he really 22 years older than her? Yes, yes he is. Have a problem with that? Well, don't. I love Jack and age is just a number. But his Mum was right, he will make gorgeous babies. But, that's not happening anytime soon. I don't know if I want kids yet.... and Jack knows that.

*Jacob's POV*
*The Next Morning*
(July 17th, 2046)

"Hey babe... I have something to tell you." Peyton said, walking into the kitchen, looking quite down. 

"Come here, what's wrong?" I asked, turning around and pulling her close to my body.

A few tears fell down her beautiful cheeks, and it hurt to see her cry, to see her hurting.

"I-I have c-cancer." She stuttered. More tears began to fall, so I pulled her even closer and whispered into her ear, calmingly.

"Shh. It's going to be okay... we'll get through it." I said, rubbing her back.

"I'm really sorry, Jacob. I better get going now." She said.

"Wait, Peyton, where are you going?" I asked, not wanting to let go of her.

"Home. I'll come by to pick up my things later. I don't want you to have to deal with a sickly person like me. I know I'm dying, Jake." She said.

"No, no, no. Don't leave me. I want to help you through it. I'm going to be by your side all the way." I said. I can't believe she's leaving... Does she really think I'm going to let her go? No, absolutely not. She's not going anywhere.

"You-You mean, you still want me? I'm dying." She said.

"I'll always want you, Pey. I don't care if today was your last day, and I knew you would go. I'm here, and I'm not leaving. Neither are you, I wasn't going to let you walk out. I don't care if you were special needs, and couldn't even take care of yourself, I would. I don't care if you had a brain tumor, and didn't know who I was, I'd still be right next to you." I said, holding her hands.

"I love you. Now, stay right here, I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere. Don't you dare move. Don't move a muscle." I said, watching her laugh as I ran off to the bedroom. I reached under the pillow and pulled out what I'd been fiddling with everynight.

(Link for a picture on the side) >>>>>>>>>>

I ran back to the middle of the kitchen where I got down on one knee, and her tears were continous.

"I was going to wait to do this next Saturday, but I don't think it can wait. I love you. And, we've had an amazing year and a half. Now that this illness has arrived, it makes me realize just how important you are to me. I-I don't know if it's terminal, but I don't care. So be it, I'll love you dead or alive. And, this is just one of the many obstacles we've had and will have to come. Will you marry me?" I asked.

I deadly hoped she'd say yes.

"Yes." She said, wiping her tears as I slid on the ring and gave her a hug and kiss.