Chapter 10

I stared down at my Chem homework bored out of my mind. Stupid stoichiometry, I cursed in my thoughts. Conveniently enough for Bradley, I left my window open for some fresh air. It was Friday afternoon and I had just gotten home from school an hour ago. 

"Nirvana!" he shouted from the top of his lungs. I didn't bother to stand up from my bed to talk to him.

"yes Bradley."

I could hear him chuckle lowly at my response. "I need your help."

"With what?"

"Tonight is the 1975 concert and I have an extra ticket." My eyes left my homework at the sound of one of my favorite bands.

"Why do you have an extra ticket?"I questioned. It was random to say the least.

"Well it was supposed to be for me and Chloe, but turns out she does not like the 1975 and I know that you do, so would you like to go?" I rolled my eyes at the boy. How could he not know that his girlfriend did not like the band?

"No shit I want to go." I yelled at him. I headed over to the window to see him in all of his glory holding the tickets.

"Great we leave now."

"Wait what?"

"We must leave now" I looked down at my clothes.

"Okay could you wait like ten minutes so I can get my stuff?"

"Fine but hurry" He yelled at me quickly shutting his window. I did the same and changed into a new shirt. My black and white stripped t-shirt crop top replaced my old gray one. black skinny jeans and doc martens completed the look. I grabbed my bag with my phone, wallet, and over sized denim jacket. My feet bounded down the staircase to the front door.

"Where are you headed?" Rowan yelled after me.

"A 1975 concert" I frantically yelled back. I raced out the door to find Bradley waiting in a car for me.

"Let us go!" he yelled as he stepped on the gas pedal. On the way there, we jammed out to the many eps and two cds the band had produced. Once we arrived, we waited in an extremely long line. The wait consisted of conversation of the band and music and literally anything that came to mind. 

Finally, after 48 minutes of waiting, we were able to enter the arena.

"Merch first?" I asked. I wanted a tour shirt. All Brad did was nod. We waited in another line yet again, but I was able to claim a shirt. Soon after, we found our seats and waited for the show to start. There was a lot of waiting honestly.

"thank you Bradley."

"It is no problem Ana. Chloe is the one you should be thanking." He nudged me.

"I don't think I should."

"Why not?" His eyebrows furrowed together and his facial expressions became confused. 

"Knowing Chloe, she would be jealous and be a complete bitch." Bradley could not say anything after that because the lights dimmed. Everyone in the arena, including myself, started to scream as the band came onto the stage. they played many of my favorite songs. Matty occasionaly rambled about stuff in between songs. I was having a blast. 

Then the beginning of Robbers started. Screams filled the air and I start to sing along with Brad. I look over at him right when the part comes that couples start to kiss. I watch as Bradley leans in. My eyes start to close, but then Matty starts to scream the lyrics "Now everybody's dead" ruining the moment. I look back at the stage and continue to sing along. The concert goes by and I fee on top of the world. 

By the time we are in the car, my hearing has yet to come back. My voice is basically gone. And my heart is beating. I almost kissed Bradley Will Simpson. I have a boyfriend. He has a girlfriend.

Fuck my life.