Chapter 14

Around 8 was when I first heard a door slam. The loud noise distant.

The second slam. Closer. Brad's room. My eyebrow arched and i walked over to my window. he sat against his door. Head in hands. "Bradley?" He looked up. His eyes were irritated from the rubbing. his brown curls were a mess.

"Hey." he smiled toward me. It was exhausted.

"Are you okay?" I leaned forward a bit. My head and torso peeped out of the window.

"Um yeah," He paused for a moment as he walked towards the window. "I broke up with Chloe."

"Oh," I spoke after a second of silence, "I'm sorry."

I stared at him. He stared at me. His head and torso poked out of his window just as mine did. 

"Don't be." he whispered only inches away from me.

"Well i feel kind of bad." 

"You shouldn't"

"okay." I looked at him. He looked at me. Brad's eyes traveled. Lips. Eyes. In that moment, my heartbeat quickened. My palms became sweaty. My mind was else where. I wasn't thinking straight. He leaned in, but I stayed still. Our lips connected. He kissed me. I didn't kiss back.

Everything happened so quickly. Someone tugged at my arm. My lips broke from Brad's. Connor. In one hand was my wallet. I left it in his car on accident. He was returning it. He was yelling at Brad, but I heard nothing. Until he turned to me.

Tears slipped down his cheeks. he said nothing. He only shook his head. 

The third door slam that I heard that night. I stared at Brad from my side. Tears started to drip from my eyes. I ran out of the house. Connor was walking down my driveway. 

"Condor!" I yelled as I ran up to him. He turned to look at me. He was crying. I was crying.

"What Nirv?"

"Don't go." I pleaded.

"Why? You cheated on me." I held his face in my hand. My thumb ran across his cheek to wipe away a falling tear.

"No I didn't just hear me out."

"Hear you out? Nirvana you cheated. There is nothing more to it." 

I was crying. Hard. "Please Condor. Trust me. I didn't cheat." I stared into his eyes. They were red. I hated this.

"Nirvana that is what they all say. But then it happens again."

"No it won't. I promise Connor. Trust me?" His head fell. Con refused to look at me. This was going to be my first break up. He pulled his face away from my hands. i was bawling. My vision blurred from the salty tears. The boy I loved walked down the drive way to his car. With one last look, he was gone. I started to sob. Hiccups formed in my throat. I felt like I couldn't breathe. I walked back into my house and ran to my room. 

The fourth and final door slam I heard that night was my own. I fell onto the ground. My back slid down the door. I screamed. This was Bradley's fault. I opened my eyes. Him. My eyes locked with the familiar brown ones. My blood ran cold. I stood from my spot on the floor. 

The next slam that echoed in my room was from my window. It was shut.