2 | Second Chance at First Line

SECOND CHANCE AT FIRST LINE

Once I got home I immediately went to my bathroom and I was about to changed into more comfortable clothes but I was very much interrupted by something, more like someone.

"Hello Reese," I jump back at the voice and I let out a yelp. I turn around and saw Derek Hale standing behind me with no emotion.

"What the hell are you doing here!" I exclaimed.

"I came to see if you were alright." He said in a blank tone.

"Well I'm fine. How did you get in the my house?" I ask crossing my arms. He shrugged his shoulders while looking around my room.

"I have my ways," he said bluntly. I rolled my eyes.

"You need to tell Scott that he needs to stop playing Lacrosse," he said now looking at me in the eye with his serious voice.

"And why should I do that?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Because Lacrosse triggers the anger in him and he'll be able to shift. Meaning exposure," he explain

"Well maybe if you haven't bitten him that night. We won't be in this position right now." I said glaring at him. He laugh with no humor.

"I wasn't the one who change you and Scott," I scoff at him.

"You're lying," I said said not believing him. He step closer to me. I took a step back.

"Listen to the sound of my heart beating and you can justify if I'm lying or not," I look at him for a moment before concentrating on his heart beat. It was steady and it was beating normally.

"How should I know that werewolves can steady their heartbeats," I said stubbornly.

"Believe what you want to believe Reese you know deep down that I wasn't the Alpha who bitten you guys," He said glaring at me.

"Alpha?" I ask confusingly.

"An alpha is the leader of the pack. The alpha is the only one who can create more werewolves," he explained. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Did this Alpha bit you or something?" I ask curiously.

"No. I was born a werewolf not bitten," My eyes widen for like the millionth time this past week. How is this even real?

"Okay what would that make you if you're not an alpha?"

"We're both Betas, including Scott. Look Reese, you and Scott need my help if you want to be able to control. Not to kill anyone on the full moon," he said harshly trying to convince me.

"I don't trust or know you. So I don't accept your offer. Now leave my house," I said sternly.

"You'll need me eventually, you and Scott" He said before leaving out my window.
****
Next Day
"Rise and Shine!" I open my eyes and I was face to face with my best friend, Lydia. I groaned.