Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Demi's POV

Damn I messed up. It's been months since I last saw Alexis. The X Factor ended and I dyed my hair pink. Now I'm getting ready to start off my Neon Lights Tour. Nick agreed to help me with it so I was super stoked with that. Then Cher Lloyd, Little Mix, and Fifth Harmony agreed to become acts on my shows. My tour was finally falling into place, turning into an awesome clash that my Lovatics would love.

But something was still missing...especially a girl with messy black hair and vivd green eyes with a brilliant smile. Her voice kept replying in my head and it drove me insane. Being away from Alexis was like taking away my music: I couldn't survive without it. She just showed me how good the world was and she taught me to love myself even more.

My eyes are stuck outside the window, the clouds hiding the sun. The sky was a bit dark today, making me wonder if it was going to rain. It sort of reminded me of the day I met Alexis. A stern veil conceals my eyes, making them dark and cold.

All the memories of those two days flash in my mind, making my head spin. Her smile, her cute little chuckle, and the way she looked at me. Her lingering touches on my body when we--I swallow thickly--when we almost kissed. I should've leaned in, ending my current misery. But if I did kiss her, it would've taken the S.W.A.T. team to take me away from her. Not even Max would be able to persuade me.

I go to sleep every night with the memory of me snuggling into her side, drowning myself in her warmth. She smelled like coffee and lavender that evening. She was the fluffiest and the most cuddliest 'person' teddy bear there was. I just wanted her with me at all times. Alexis brought out feelings in me that I never knew I could possess.

"Demi?" someone calls from behind me.

I blink, clearing my throat. "Ahem, yes?" I turn to face him, my stepfather staring at me worriedly. "Hey," I greet, forcing a smile upon my facial features. "What's up?"

"The sky," he answers, unconvinced of my act. He takes a seat next to me, putting a certain amount of distance between us. His eyes remain on the ground, his shoulder leaning forward. "Demi, honey, what's wrong? You look so depressed and your tour is right around the corner." He pauses, a deep sigh rattling his body. "Is it about this Alexis girl?"

My lips press together into a thin line, my eyes flickering to the opposite side of the room. "Yes," I murmur under my breath. "I miss her." I hold my tongue to keep myself from rambling. My heart was already too heavy for me to bear. "Dad, I need to see her again," I strain, making my body face him. "Every second of everyday, I find myself thinking about her and regretting the choices I made and thinking about the choices I should have made."

I wonder how she's holding up. Is she grieving my absence as well? Will that girl Lucy help her cope with her emotions? Did...did she get into a relationship? My heart stops at the concept. Alexis was the only one my heart set its sights on. If she was already taken... I clutch my chest, my fingers digging into the black t-shirt I was wearing.

"Demi, do you want to go visit her?" my step dad inquires slowly, letting the words sink in. A bomb explodes within me, energizing me. I leap to my feet, standing in his way, my body trembling. His wide eyes are on me as he continues. "That Starbucks isn't so far from here and we don't need anymore help on adding the final touches to the tour. You could go, even though its a thirty minute drive from here."

Immediately, I wrap my arms around him, squeezing him tight. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I shriek excitedly. Giddiness was just surging within me, illuminating my previously dull mood. I kiss his cheek, running off to my car. Yes, I found it, for your information.