Chapter 13

(A/N: So sorry for the long wait! School hurts. -.- Anywho, I'm trying something new in this chapter to speed things along. Hope you don't mind and enjoy! Oh, and thank you for the 13k views! It truly means a lot. Back to the story!)

...

Chapter 13

Demi's POV 

"Attention passengers!" the pilot announces through the plane's intercom. I blink the sleep away from my heavy eyelids as I sit up in my chair. From the corner of my eye, I see Alexis yawning, rubbing her eyes. The ends of my mouth quirk up. She's so cute, I muse. "We are now landing at the airport. Thank you for flying with us. Remember to take your belongings with you. Have a safe day."

The plane begins to land, jolting everyone on board. Luckily, it was for a few seconds before we were at the port. People begin to get up and take their handbags. Max was taking my bag, and escorts me and Alexis off the plane without any interference. 

The green eyed girl takes my hand, helping me swerve through the crowd. The simple embrace made wild tingles run up my arm. She smiles as we continue out of the airport. My bodyguard was taking care of our bags. "Is there someone waiting for us outside?" she asks me as we near the entrance. I nod, motioning to another bodyguard wearing black. I didn't recognize him but that's what you get when you're late for your own tour. 

"Come on," I urge, hurrying over. She follows in suit, gripping my hand tighter. A pang of sympathy strikes my heart. I stop, forcing her to look at me, even though we were both wearing dark pairs of sunglasses. "It'll be okay, Al. As long as you're with me, nothing bad will happen, okay?" I reassure in a soft tone, stepping forward, immediately feeling her body heat. She stares at me. "Alex?" I lean in slightly, trying to kiss her cheek before she steps back, her hand on my shoulder. 

Alexis shakes her head. "We can't Demi. Not now. Not in public." Her eyes were wide behind the shades and I nod, my mouth dipping downwards. I understood. We couldn't just expose ourselves like that. People will instantly recognize me by my pink hair. "Let's just get the hell outta here. Then we can do whatever you want," she persuades, a cheeky grin spreading on her lips. 

Smirking, I nudge her playfully before continuing to my assigned bodyguard. He smiles and leads us to the black minivan. The first thing I notice is the chilling temperatures. My fingers begin to tremble. It was definitely warmer in California than it is here. My lack of warm clothing was also a problem. It just never came to mind that I had to bundle up. "Welcome to Canada, Miss Lovato. I hope you enjoy it here." I offer a smile before leaping into the car. 

The raven haired girl crawls in next to me as we wait for Max to collect our stuff. She takes her glasses off, glancing at me. She extends her arm. "C'mere." I scoot over, leaning against her. Alexis wraps her arm around me, enveloping me in her warmth. She--the smart bastard--decided to change into a black hoodie while I was asleep on board. "You look like you're freezing," she acknowledges, gently removing my sunglasses. "Didn't it occur to you that we were traveling to Canada?" 

I pout, resting my head on her shoulder. My nose was overwhelmed by her wonderful scent; a sweet edge to the smells of mint gum and coffee. "No. I was too busy helping you to pack that I completely forgot. I'm blaming you," I accuse, looking up at her.

Her green eyes were full of childish amusement. "You were willing to help," she recalls, lowering her head. She grins, making my stomach roll into knots. "And you were willing to kiss me in public. And it'd be rude not to return the offer." She kisses me, her hand hooking onto the curve of my waist, pressing me flush against her. 

A small appreciative moan leaves me as I melt into the kiss. She smiles, pulling away. I cup her face, looking deep into her emerald eyes. "I never said I was smart," I point out, leaning in for another kiss.