Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Demi's POV

Taking a deep breath, we leave Alexis's apartment with most of her belongings. She talked to her best friend, Lucy, and her doorman, Luke, before departing with me to Canada. Luke agreed to suspend her monthly bills and to keep her dorm secure until she returned. Supposedly, the worker owed the girl a favor. That explains why he did it without question.

Lucy was another story. She threw herself into Alexis's arms and squeezed her so tight that her eyes bulged out from their eye sockets. I found it amusing until Lucy had "the talk" with me.

And to be honest, I never knew she could be that threatening.

Oh, no. She took it to the next freaking level. Fortunately, I cared for the raven haired girl so much that I agreed and swore on my life that I'd cause her no necessary harm. Lucy winked at me at that last part and I swear I was tomato red. I left the Starbucks a bit flustered after that.

"Hey, Demi, where's your car?" a rich voice asks, breaking my train of thought.

My eyes snap to them as I'm greeted with bright, amused green eyes. Her lips quirk into a lopsided smile. "You should pay more attention, you know? Wouldn't want to be daydreaming while crossing the street." I snort at her sarcastic tone.

I lead her over to one of the cars parked along the sidewalk. In the distance, I could spot my black beauty of a car. "And here it is. Lemme just unlock it and you can put your stuff in the trunk." I dig through my pocket, pressing through unlock button on my car key remote. She complies, taking the two suitcases to the back. The ravenette shoves them in the trunk, careful to not mess anything up.

A small smile crosses my face as I become aware of my lingering stare on her. I just loved her presence and...her, to be honest. I could never get enough.

"Demi, uh, can you get in the car? I think that'd speed up the process," she states, a dark brow raised in question. Her green orbs make my insides turn. I nod without a word and start the car. We take off into the road as Alexis shifts in the passenger's seat. She leans forward, uncertain. Our eyes meet when I turn to her. "Can I?"

She motions to the radio. The sight makes me melt, a steady warmness spreading throughout my chest, suffocating me with an overdrive of cuteness. "Sure. Knock yourself out." The dark haired girl grins and starts to toy with the radio. She finally lands on one of the local stations. Her eyes widen at the song and I smile at her reaction, my hands tightening on the steering wheel.

It was me singing Neon Lights.

Alexis listens intently, bobbing her head to the music.

Baby, when they look up at the sky

We'll be shooting stars just passing by

You'll be coming home with me tonight

We'll be burning up like neon lights

Her eyes meet mine yet again and this time, she starts to sing along. Alexis's voice makes shivers run down my spine as I too, sing along. Our voices merge, becoming one. It was truly beautiful.

Be still my heart 'cause it's freaking out, it's freaking out, right now

Shining like stars 'cause we're beautiful, we're beautiful, right now

You're all I see in all these places

You're all I see in all these faces

So let's pretend we're running out of time, of time