Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Alexis's POV

We drive to the airport, parking near a secluded area. The pink haired girl and I spent the whole time cuddling and singing along to my song list. Our driver turns to us, smiling. "Enjoy the tour ladies. Have fun in Canada." Demi nods, giving him his money, sliding a pair of shades on. She crawls out of the car, handling our suitcases.

I grin. "Thank you. Have a great day." I hand him a tip, which he takes gratefully. Reaching into my pocket, I place my aviator glasses upon my nose. Climbing out of the car, I stroll to the back of the taxi. The singer was currently lifting the heavy bags onto those luggage carts. I purse my lips, stepping in. Our hands meet, both of our eyes locking; green and brown clashing. "Here, let me."

Using my strength, I manage to pile the suitcases on the cart and signal for the cab to leave. Demi eyes me with interest. My brows furrow as I dust off my blue plaid shirt. "Since when were you strong?" she mumbles, deep in thought.

My eyes brighten as I smirk. "Since tenth grade when I started to work out. Took a while to finally master the whole concept but here I am." She rolls her eyes, checking her phone. "What's up?" I inquire. She's been staring at her phone ever since we got on the highway.

"Max said that he would be here by now. I can't just walk into the airport, you know. He'd have a fuss and I'd be overwhelmed by obnoxious paparazzi." I shrug, pouting my lip in agreement. Gripping the handle, I roll the cart over and onto the graveled floor, away from the street. "So how did you look?" Demi asks me quietly, not sure if this was a personal question. "How did you look like before tenth grade? Before now?"

I cock my head to the side, pondering it. "Well, before this, I looked like a total nerd. I had glasses and..." I blush recalling my middle school and early high school years. It's so embarrassing to talk about. The singer comes closer, staring at me intently, an eyebrow perched high. I clear my throat, continuing. "I wore glasses and suspenders," I rush out, biting my lip.

Her caramel eyes brighten. "Y-You wore suspenders?" she questions in disbelief.

Making a face, I nod. "Plus the bow tie." I picture myself in the clothing and I shiver.

Demi smiles goofily before giggling. "You would have looked so cute!" she exclaims.

A surprised expression crosses my face as I step back. "Oh no. I looked terrible. I was just a nerd back then. I was seriously the definition of dork back then. Tenth grade was a blessing for my fashion disaster." She laughs, holding onto the luggage cart. "Hey! Don't laugh!"

She shakes her head, gasping for air. "I'm sorry! I just...can't!" She doubles over, her hands clutching her stomach. Demi's body shakes from laughter. The pink haired girl takes in a deep breath, cooling off. Her dark amber eyes meet mine. "Can I see you in them?" she asks, her tone deep.

My eyes widen. "Uh, you sure?" Somehow, I still have my black suspenders and black tie. I don't know why. Guess I'm secretly sentimental about it.

The singer nods, grinning. "I bet you'd look sexy." She winks at me, flustering me. She snickers at my surprised expression. Her eyes dart to something behind me. "Hey Max. Nice of you to join us."

A tall man with a stern expression nears us, eyeing me warily. "Who is this Demi?" he questions. His dark eyes lock on mine as we just stare at each other, trying to determine the other.

"Max, this Alexis Carter," she bites her lip, pride shining in her chocolate orbs, "my girlfriend." Both Max and I are shocked by the statement. Then a lop sided smile overtakes my face. Hehe. I'm Demi Lovato's girlfriend.