Chapter 18

(A/N: OMG. Thank you guys so much for the 20k views! Keep voting for each chapter and don't forget to leave a comment. Don't be shy, guys. I love your feedback. Remember that. Enjoy!)

Chapter 18

Demi's POV

"Hey Alex, could you take a picture of me and Selena?" I ask, handing my iPhone to her. Her green eyes shine in the dimming lights. I wanted to capture a moment with Sel and I would not miss this. My girlfriend complies and shuffles back to take a picture of us looking back at her. Selena holds my shoulder as I offer a bright smile.

"Say cheese, ladies," she calls out before snapping a few pictures. Alexis hands me my phone and I grin at them. I decide to keep the one between me and Selena on my phone and post the selfie with Bill Clinton. Still not over that, by the way. I receive many likes in the few seconds I post it. I smile to myself before putting my phone away in my purse.

I turn to Alexis and Selena, who were both talking about some upcoming movies and government problems. Huh. Never knew that Alex was interested in that kind of stuff. My eyes fall on the drink in the green eyed girl's hand and widen. It was an alcoholic drink. Something that killed her on the inside.

Leaning in, I whisper, "Are you sure you should be drinking that, Al? Should you take that risk?" I was worried because I still knew that her demons still lurked within her. I could see the cold darkness in her pupils. There was an obstacle in the way, but what was it? What would rid these temptations from her?

Her fingers tense on the cup. "I'm not sure. I did tell the guy to put less alcohol and more pineapple juice. Besides, this is the only drink I'm taking. I won't screw with your soberness. I owe you that at least." She sips the yellow beverage and my stomach flips. I could smell the faint scent of alcohol on her breath and it frightened me. What if that one cup awakens the demons and makes her to consume even more?

Instead of rambling my list of concerns, I force a smile and order some ginger ale. "So, Demi, when did you and Alexis here reunite?" Her brown eyes flicker with knowing and my shoulders slump. I knew I couldn't keep this from her. I mean--she's my best friend. She can read me like a book.

Alexis stiffens when I let out a defeated sigh. "Sel...Alexis and I aren't exactly friends..." I mumble, keeping my voice low and only audible to the three of us. "We met a couple of months ago and well," I smile nervously, "we're dating."

The singer chokes on her drink as she stares wide eyed at me and Alexis. The ravenette grins sheepishly. "You two are...together?" she restates in a question, the words slowly rolling over he tongue.

My lips press together. "If there's something bad about, you can just--"

She shakes her head, grinning at us. "No. There's nothing bad about it. Love is love, right? I was just wondering since you two are so cute." Her eyes slant to Alex as she gives her a look over, and then she winks at me. "Nice catch, Dem. Hopefully this one keeps you satisfied."

We both blush as I whine. "Selena! Don't embarrass me in front of her!" Aw, come on!

Alexis sips her drink, grinning timidly. "Thank you for the compliment?" She rubs the back of her neck. Selena grins wickedly and nods, fixing her outfit.

"Hey, no problem. You are sexy and if you weren't Demi's, we would have had a talk," she teases, trying to unsettle her. Alex's cheeks turn red as she bows her head, concealing her face with her long locks. "I hope you two are ready though," she says, drinking her beverage.

The older girl's brows furrow together as she looks up, running a hand through her hair. I find myself looking at her longingly. She's so beautiful. A small snort escapes me as I remember that she hates wearing dresses. Too bad she looks amazing in them. "What do you mean?"