chapter twenty- terror

***TRIGGER WARNING: I DETAIL THE DARK THOUGHTS VEE HAS IN REMEMBERING THE HORRID MEMORIES OF HER RAPE.***

I immediately took off, running as far away as I could. I grabbed my heels off of my feet and darted across the lawn, running out towards the forest. I felt footsteps behind me, and I turned to see Harry keeping up with me. I felt the hot tears fall down my face and I crashed down onto the grass, hugging myself and screaming. My body felt hot, and suddenly all I could remember was Jake's hands on me. I clutched my stomach, feeling nauseous and disoriented. Harry fell down on his knees next to me, breathing heavily. I covered my face with my hands, sobbing as all the memories came back to me. All the shit he did to me, all the lies and all the abuse. I shivered as I sobbed, screaming into my hands. Just with one look, he managed to tear me apart.

I knew Harry had no idea what to do, no idea how to comfort me. I felt him shift in the grass, and he stood with a huff and crossed his arms. Suddenly, a pair of hands grabbed me, and I looked up to see Evie hugging me. I couldn't find the strength to stop crying as she held me. "You need to tell me what's going on." she whispered, rubbing my back. Just as I was about to tell her, I heard Harry yell. "Stay the fuck away from her you fucking piece of shit." he said. I heard Doug trying to calm him down, and that's when I heard that familiar laugh. "Wow, Vee. A personal body guard?" he asked. "G-get me out of here." I mumbled to Evie, not daring to turn around. I took off with her around the corner, running to the dorms.

She opened the door to her room and I immediately ran to her bathroom and began throwing up. She waited for me at the edge of her bed, tears in her eyes. I flushed the toilet and stood, staring at my reflection in the mirror. I was shaking and my skin was ghostly. I washed up and took off my makeup in the sink, crying as I did so. Everything hurt, I felt completely powerless. Evie gave me some gum and we sat down. She took my hand and sighed, staring at me worriedly. "Who was that?" she asked, rubbing the back of my hand with her thumb. "H-he raped me." I said shakingly, the tears flowing from my cheeks. She gasped and clutched her heart, a tear falling from her eyes. "Vee, I'm so sorry." she mumbled, looking down at her lap.

The door opened and Doug and Harry stormed in. Harry kneeled down in front of me and took my face in his hands, pushing my hair back and wiping my tears. I stared back at him blankly, unable to put any words together. I saw the pain in his eyes, the need to make everything right. But there was nothing he could do. He couldn't take the memories away. He couldn't put him in jail. I sniffled as I looked down at my lap, unable to even look him in the eye anymore. "What happened?" Evie wondered, crossing her arms. "Ben heard Harry yelling on the way to the bathroom. He came over and asked Jake to leave the school grounds. With Ben being king, there wasn't much Jake could do." said Doug hesitantly.

"At least he's not at the school anymore. This is a nightmare." said Evie, letting go of my hand and standing to hug Doug. I slid down on the floor next to Harry, crashing against his chest. "Take me to the room." I mumbled, closing my eyes. He held me in his arms and stood, smiling appreciatively to Doug and Evie before walking over to his room. He laid me down on the bed and went to his closet, pulling out an oversized shirt and handing it to me. I quietly changed out of my dress and into the shirt before slipping under the covers. I closed my eyes, but all I could see was Jake's face. It didn't take long for the sobs to catch up with me, and I stared up at the ceiling. "I don't know what to do. Do you want me to sleep somewhere else?" asked Harry, slipping into a pair of sweatpants. "D-don't leave me, Harry. Don't you dare." I whispered, hiding my face in my hands.

He sighed and climbed in next to me, wrapping an arm around me. I cried into the side of his chest, hiding my face from view. I felt dirty all over again, and all the emotions I had were just coming back in waves. "It's okay. You're safe." he mumbled, pressing soft kisses to the top of your head. "He fucking found me. I'm not safe anymore." I cried, wrapping my arms around him. "I won't let him touch you." he promised. I had a pounding headache and I was exhausted, but I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was that asshole. I kept replaying that night over in my head. I remembered every detail, it's not something you forget. You learn to grow, you learn to live with the memory of it, but you absolutely never forget. His actions would haunt me for the rest of my life. The asshole found me.

If I did manage to get some sleep, I'd wake up screaming. He had infected my dreams, my life, my thoughts. There was no escape. The months I lived drowning over what he did to me were the worst of my life, and things were starting to feel like that again. My chest felt heavy, and my mind wasn't clear. Why had he come to Auradon? Was he staying? Would he listen to Ben and stay away? Was he actually here for me? Part of me wanted to get up and walk around, clear my thoughts, but I was too terrified to walk anywhere alone. All I could think of was him hiding in some corner, waiting for me to show up. Harry was awake next to me. I knew he was really worried about how I was doing, and I really couldn't reassure him because I was actually not doing very well. I took his hand and scqueezed it, somehow trying to comfort the both of us.

I stood from the bed, walking over to his bathroom and grabbing a towel. I changed out of Harry's shirt and hopped into the shower. I didn't know what else I could do to try and clear my mind. I turned on the water and waited for it to get hot before hopping in. I washed my hair first, standing under the water as it washed away the shampoo. I stared at the shower tiles blankly as I massaged the conditioner in and rinsed it out. I grabbed the bottle of soap in my hands and stared at it for a second before squeezing the soap onto my hand. My movements were robotic, and my spirit felt completely empty. I slathered the soap on, trying to wash away how dirty I felt inside. My motions became more aggressive as I tried to wash it all away.  I scratched at my skin as the water melted away the soap, and I felt the tears coming to my eyes and I felt hopeless.

I looked down at my arm and saw that I had slightly scratched through my skin, a scar beginning to form and a bit of blood dripping out. I immediately stopped, turning off the water and wrapping the towel around me. I grabbed a few tissues to soak up the blood and threw them away. I walked out in front of the mirror and stared at my reflection. My face was simultaneously puffy and sunken. I looked awful, and I felt even worse. I walked out into Harry's room and frowned, standing at the edge of the bed. He frowned up at me, taking my hand in his. "You don't deserve someone broken." I mumbled with a sniffle. "You're not broken. What that motherfucker did to you does not define you." he said, sitting up and wrapping his arms around me. He laid his head against my stomach as I rested my arms on the top of his head. I barely survived this pain the first time. Was I strong enough to overcome this?

-
Hey guys. I just want to remind you all how serious sexual assault and abuse really are. If you find yourself in a situation like this, please seek help. Many rape victims suffer through depression and anxiety after they are attacked and it's very important to talk to someone and get the help you need. If you need anonymity, contact the people at RAINN. They're a support network and they have both a live chat online and a hotline.