Chapter 16: Brother

Clara Bell's POV

"But you have your own place?" I scowled at Alex as I closed our gap.

I didnt care about his smouldering eyes raking my face up and down as I stood in front of him.

Reaching out for the stove, I turned it off. He cocked his eyebrow as he stared at my face intensely. I grabbed a fistful of his shirt, then tugged him forward.

"I apologize, Clara Bell. I know it was sudden, but I didn't expect a woman was waiting for me there. I don't want to see that Heaven. She's so tenacious," I heard my brother whined.

"All right, give me a second. I just need to get change," I said as I pulled Alex with me to my guest room.

"Get dress!" I mouthed at him, widening my eyes at him.

He inclined his head to the side as he gestured me silently with is hands what's going on.

"Did you just get up?" Nicolai asked.

"No, Nikolai!" I said, stressing his name so Alex can get it.

Alex's face lit up in recognition and he quickly grabbed his clothes from last night and put it on in haste, except his coat.

I gave Nikolai my unit number as I left Alex in his room and headed straight to the door.

I unlocked the door and yanked it open. Nikolai was scowling at the hallway, and turned to face me. His scowl darkened when our eyes met.

"What took you so long?" he grumbled, then he walked past me. I glared at his back then pushed the door shut and followed him to the living room. I just noticed his laptop casing slung on his shoulder when he ripped it off his shoulder and place it on the single chair next to the couch.

"How long will you stay here?" I asked as he slouched on the couch. He looked exhausted. His one hand busy loosening his tie, while the other resting on the top of the backrest.

"Until my unwanted visitor leave my place," he grumbled as he looked up and frowned at me. "Is your guest room clean? I'm really sleepy. I just need a few hours sleep," he said then yanked his blue necktie off his neck then tossed it next to his laptop casing.

My eyes suddenly snapped to the hallway and just then Alex sauntered heading our direction without any sign of wariness or anxiousness in his aura. 

I was holding my breath as he came closer and stopped. "Hey, Nikolai," Alex greeted causing my head to snapped back to Nikolai who gave me a questioning look then drifted it back to Alex as he stood up and meet him with a brief handshake.

I was wringling my hands behind my back as I watched the two exchanged pleasantries. My heart pounding loudly against my breastbone with growing apprehension. 

If Raffy is hot temper, Nikolai is the worst. Mom always tells him that his temper is as worst as dad. 

"Dad asked him to drive me while Clinton is in Scotland to watch Alexandria," I blurted out before Alex would say something that Nikolai doesn't approved.

Nikolai's eyebrow went up high as he threw me a quizzical look. I sent him a sharp glare. "I don't know!" I said, my eyes rolled.

"Well," Nikolai said as he return his attention to Alex. "Thank you for taking care of my sister," he said, giving Alex a pat in the shoulder. Alex only let out a soft growl. I glanced at him and he doesn't look pleased. "Since I'm here, I can drive her anywhere," Nikolai said and gave me a warning look.

I sighed. 

"No, I don't mind driving her, Nikolai. I know you came here for your business. My purpose here is over, I'm free to drive her anywhere before I fly back to New York," Alex said, the determination in his tone was firm and Nikolai stare him down.