Chapter 21: Dinner

Clara Bell's POV

"WHAT?" dad's voice boomed inside the room as soon as the words came out of my mouth. 

Mom placed her palm on dad's chest and for a second, it calmed him down. "Okay, since when this happened?" Mom calmly asked while dad was giving Alexander a dark, menacing scowl. 

Before I could respond, dad started again. "You were only supposed to drive her, not romance her!" dad growled gruffly at Alex. His face as hard as a stone, lips pressed into a grim line. 

"Babe," mom gave dad a warning stare.

"Clara Bell!" Mom called out as she cocked her head, waiting for an answer.

"I'm not sure, mom..." I sighed. "It just happened."

"That's it! I'm calling Stavros, we need to clear this issue. You're marrying my daughter!" dad declared and my eyes almost popped out of its sockets. 

When he turned on his heel, my legs quickly move, following him. "You can't do that, dad!" I cried out, hands balled into a fist. 

"Please finish all your food, baby." Alex's soft, soothing voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "You're staring into the distance blankly," he commented. 

"Huh?" I murmured, a little disoriented. 

Alex smiled as he cocked his head towards the food. My eyes dropped to the plate in front of me. 

"You barely touch it," Alex said. 

The plane is already airborne and we were just having our lunch. The food was great, but I feel so full. I absentmindedly push the plate away and shook my head.

"Are you alright? You were so quiet the whole time," Alex asked, full of concern.

"Y-yeah," I murmured as I gently wiped my mouth with the red table napkin and drank the rest of my wine.

"Are you sure?" Alex asked again, taking my hand. 

My eyes met his gaze. "I'm a little queasy about my parents' reaction once they learned about us, especially dad," I confessed and Alex nodded his head. 

"We can't avoid it, baby. I'm ready to face his wrath," Alex gave me a reassuring smile as he gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

I heaved a deep sigh.

I stared at his face and nodded my head involuntarily. 

Alex can't keep his hands off me the whole time and I'd love the attention, his sweetness. I never thought he had this side of his.

When we arrived at our mansion, Alex was about to climb out of the car, my palm involuntarily rests on his thigh to stop him. 

"Not now, Alex. I want to talk to them first," I begged him and his smile disappeared with his shoulders sagging as he nodded. His face marred with disappointment though he tried to conceal it with a smile. 

"Tonight, we are having dinner at your place, I'll see you, okay?" I gave him a comforting smile and he again just nodded his head. 

He leaned in and gave me a peck on my lips before urging me to go. 

I watched the car left before I decided to get inside. I gave our valet a small smile in acknowledgment before walking through the opened door. 

"Clara Bell!" Mom was running towards me from the living room, dad was following her. 

"Mom," I smiled and ran into her embrace. She held me for a while, as she complained how long I was gone, where in fact, just a week.

"If only I can rewind the time," she whined and dad chuckled behind her.