Chapter 8 | Silver Bell Ball

The Silver Bell Ball was a Mewman tradition. It was held once every year in Mewni since the kingdom was founded. It was a huge royal get together, and royal bloodlines from all the land would come to flock to this one event.

This would be Marco's first time going to an event as big as this one, other than Song Day, which turned out to be a disaster. All of Mewni now knows how Star feels about him, and now that they were dating, it would made it even more difficult for them to keep their feelings for each other a secret.

The two teens walked into the ballroom, and Star frantically was trying to pull her hair up into one of her hair ties. This was a mandatory royal event, and she was forced to go by her parents, since she was a Butterfly after all, and the Butterfly family were the supreme leaders of Mewni.

"Here, let me help you with that," Marco said, pulling one of Star's pigtails up and gently securing it in place with the royal blue hair tie. He smiled at her as she stopped what she was doing and let him fix her hair for her.

"Thaaaanks Marco," Star said, smiling as the boy finished securing her hair into place. Now her hairstyle was complete. She wore two buns on either side of her head, and a small tiara past her bangs in contrast from her usual devil horn headband. She had to assimilate to the perfect princess image that all of Mewni had expected her to be, and it was even more imperative after the huge flop that was Song Day.

Her parents walked in after the two teens, and Moon hurried over to them, pulling her dress up so that she wouldn't trip over it while River went to take his seat.

"Star, Marco, you need to keep your relationship low profile. This is a royal event and if any of the other royal family finds out about this, there will be consequences, do you understand?"

Star waved her hand in annoyance at her mother's warning. "Yeah, yeah yeah, or else Mewni will hate me even more. I got it."

"Well, dear. That's one way to put it."

Star reached behind her and grabbed her boyfriend's hand, causing him to blush. She spoke with a fake British accent. "Now, if you would excuse me mother, Marco and I are going to go get a spot of tea."

Moon sighed in disappointment. "Alright. I'll go over and talk with the Avarius family. They're probably worried about their son." And with that, she walked away.

Star gently pulled Marco over to the concession table and grabbed a glass, filling it with tea that was a wholesome blend of Mewni's own herbs and spices.

Marco watched her as she took a swig from her glass and cautiously poured him a glass. He looked into it as it bubbled, and it looked vaguely similar to swamp water, but he took a sip anyway.

His eyes widened. It tasted absolutely horrible, and he couldn't fathom how Star was enjoying it. Then again, she wanted to mix corn and Sugar Seeds together so she was into some weird flavors.

Marco's face turned green and his cheeks puffed out as he spat the tea in the other direction. Bad mistake. He spat it on one of the guests.

"Oh no, I am so sorry! I didn't mean to... here, let me-"

Tom Lucitor. Prince of the Underworld. Marco had spat the tea onto him.

His anger was rising greater and greater, even more so now that he noticed that Marco was standing next to his ex girlfriend.

Steam was wafting from his forehead, and his eyes were turning white as fire engulfed him. He left out a loud, ominous growl as he rose into the air, now towering over the two of them.

"SHE...WAS SUPPOSED TO GO WITH ME!"

Marco backed up, bumping into Star who was not fazed one by Tom's overdramatic display of anger. She was rather disappointed in the demon, who she had thought had moved on from her.