Chapter 13 | A Princess and a Queen

"Oh, you're finally awake princess. You've been asleep for a while there," the mysterious woman giggled, placing her glove-covered hand over her mouth. "I may be 'evil' as they say, but I am not completely heartless."

"Eclipsa?..." Star's mouth hung open as she stared upon her ancestor in awe.

"I guess you could call me that, dear. But I prefer the title of Queen of Darkness."

The princess kept her wand drawn to her as she raised an eyebrow, sitting up in the bed cautiously. She was an evil queen after all, or so she thought. Who knew what she was capable of? "How do you know my name? You've been trapped in crystal for hundreds of years."

Eclipsa rolled her eyes at the thought. "That's not of your concern, Star Butterfly. But since you are curious, it was pretty obvious. You have the mark of a Butterfly on your cheeks," The queen began, referring to Star's cheek marks, "Yeah, it would not have been so long if Moon had completed the deal when given the opportunity. But, she did not. She is awful at following directions."

Star could feel the anger rising in her as the mention of her mother rolled off of the dark queen's tongue.

"All she had to do was aim the spell directly at his heart, but she missed and took his finger instead. She lied to me. I could have been free 20 years ago if she had just followed my simple ransom."

The queen's rant was silenced as she felt a pressure form on her chest. Star had put her wand to the queen's chest, and it was heating up as she was close to blasting the queen away any second now. "Okay, give it up granny! You leave my mother alone or I will blast you away, and I can bet you don't want- woahhhh!"

The princess felt her feet leave the ground, and her eyes wandered below. Eclipsa's cheek spades were glowing as she used her hand to levitate her off the ground. She was practically useless against her powerful magic. "Oh, how cute. You think a simple Narwhal Blast is enough to defeat me. That is basic magic, darling. I was doing magic like that when I was 10, and I was doing magic powerful enough to destroy dimensions when I was your age."

With a flick of her hand, Star was thrown into a wall. The princess let out a groan as her back slammed against the wall. The queen of darkness smirked.

Star groaned in pain, her anger reaching its peak. "I'm sorry, have you forgotten who I am?" She got onto her feat, charging towards the queen, her wand heating up once again.

With a wave of her hand, the queen threw Star into a spiral, throwing her to the wall again. She let out a slight chuckle. "You are not special, darling. There are quite of handful of Butterflys who are more special than you, me being one of them."

Star was weak, her back was hurting now. She tumbled on the floor, clutching her side as the queen's heels clicked on the hardwood floor over to her. She kneeled down to get a better look at the injured girl. "I am quite sorry, I may have been a little rough with you." Her hand reached out to touch the hoodie tied around Star's neck, but she quickly jerked it away.

"Don't touch that!"

"Why are you wearing such a drab thing?"

"It's my...boy...best friend's... hoodie... I had to leave him and this is the only thing I have left of him!"

The queen's look softened. That statement had reminded her of something quite important. "Oh... well, is that sweet, is it not? I had someone I used to love, but he is gone now."

Star got up from the ground and gently patted the dust off of her dress, eyeing the queen as she went to the table and sat down, propping her head up with her hand. The princess knew who she was referring to, being in her wand and all and reading her tapestry. "What do you mean gone?..."