Chapter 13

I wake up feeling optimistic. I know what I'm doing now so I should just start enjoying myself! Anyway, Liam is back tomorrow and I can't wait to see him, so that will be great! I get out of bed mentally prepared for the day ahead of me. I can't help but feeling like today is a fresh start for me, and I'm really excited about it.

After showering and getting dressed in jeans, a floaty floral top and navy flats, I grab my bag and head for the door. I've decided to do a little shopping for the party tonight, maybe I need something a bit more daring for my fresh start. But that might make me even more nervous! Oh I don't know, I'll see when I get there. Opening the door, a scream of delight leaves my mouth. 'Liam!', I squeal, before hugging him. I feel him chuckling as he hugs me back tightly. 'What are you doing back today?' I question him pulling away.

'One of the boys hurt his leg so we had to come back a day early' he says, 'so I thought I'd come and see what my favourite sister is upto' he tells me with a sarcastic grin.

'Well, I'm just about to go to the shopping centre, why don't you come with me?' I ask him.

'Ok, I guess that would be fun' he agrees, 'as long as we don't have to spend all day at the makeup counter.'

'We'll see' I say pushing him towards the lift.

------------------------------------------------- 2 Hours Later -------------------------------------------------------

'Are you sure these shoes don't make my legs look stumpy?' I ask Liam pointing my foot, covered in Kurt Geiger black platformed heels with a bright red strap around the ankle, towards him.

'How many times Kate? You're legs are not stumpy, the shoes are nice!' He responds, answering my question for about the fourth time.

'Ok, I'll get them then' I say, and his head snaps up.

'Then we can leave?!' He asks sounding excited.

'Yes, then we can leave' I laugh.

Leaving the huge department store, I feel very happy with my purchases. I bought a red chiffon cropped top, which is off the shoulders, and a black wrap skirt which comes to just about mid- thigh. I feel like the party tonight is gonna give me chance to go a bit crazy, and these clothes are just what I need, to show that I'm not just a shy little girl.

'So, do you want to get some lunch now, it's like 2pm!' Liam exclaims.

'Yeah, I think you earned after all that shoe shopping' I say.

After both of us devouring an enormous lunch in subway, Liam drops me off at my apartment and tells me he'll see me next week. I wave him off before heading inside. As I get towards the lift I see Aaron waiting for it too. Here goes... 'Hi Aaron' I start.

'Oh, hey Kate' he says with a small smile.

'I wanted to talk to you about the other night,' I tell him as the lift doors open.

'Oh don't worry about that, it's fine' he assures me, stepping in.

'No it's not,' I say following him in, ' I'm really sorry about what happened, I was really drunk and things were just going so fast, but I do like you and maybe we could do something another time, If you still want to?' I speak so fast that I'm not exactly sure what I just said. The lift doors a open again and we both step out. The frown on his face turns into a smile,

'I'd love to, how about we go to the cinema on Tuesday night?' He asks.

'Yeah, great' I respond with a huge grin. We swap numbers before parting ways, and I feel like I've checked another thing off my imaginary list.