1| Travis Lawrence Amante

Gamido, Hestia Marein A. - 1.17

I smiled to myself as I proudly look at the dean's list. All my hard work has been paid off! I may not be rank one, but I am still among the bests. I ranked second, and that's something already!

"Congratulations, Tia" Lacey, my best friend, happily gave me a bear hug. "I'm so proud of you!"

I bit my bottom lip to suppress a proud smile. No matter how happy I am right now, I have to remind myself that I should always be prim and proper. Ladylike all the time.

"Are you free today? Let's have a little celebration," I smiled at her.

Her smile vanished. "Sorry, dear. I'll meet with my Mama later. We'll buy something for Papa for his birthday."

I nodded understandingly. "Okay. Next time, maybe," I smiled at her.

We walked side-by-side towards the gate. I can already see her driver waiting beside her car.

"I'll go ahead," she kissed my cheek then headed first.

I checked my wristwatch and found out that it's only three in the afternoon. I have to wait for two hours for my brother. It'll be a pain in the butt if I'll take public transportation. Even if I have to wait for ages, it's still more comfortable to just ride with my brother.

Unlike Lacey, we're not rich. We don't have excess cars, or drivers, or a mansion to live. And that's the reason why I am giving my best all the time. I do believe that education will be my key for success. Intellect is my strength and I have to use it well.

I sat outside the coffee shop near our university. I am not going to order anything. Their products were overpriced and too unpractical to avail. I'm sure they won't mind even if I stay on one of their plenty tables outside. And if ever this place became crowded with customers, I know I have to leave.

"Congrats, Travis. You're still the number one," a girl said too sweetly.

I have to roll my eyes. She's obviously flirting. She's practically throwing herself at the man.

Even my heart was against it, I took a glance at their direction.

There, I saw Travis Lawrence Amante, sitting arrogantly between two bimbos who were pressing their cup D's on each of his arms. If only their brains got the size of their boobs, I'm sure they can be the top of their class.

I rolled my eyes and distracted myself with the book I borrowed from the library. It won't do me good to assess those worthless people.

"Hi, Tia," a man grinned at me after sitting on the chair across mine. He placed his tray on the table. It contained two frappes and sliced cakes.

Sean Earl Bustamante - the captain of the basketball team, a known celebrity in our university, and a good-for-nothing specie - was all smile as he looked at me. He's been bugging me since last year. And he's starting to irritate the hell out of me.

What is difficult to understand in the simple word 'no'?

I wasn't impressed with his fat bank accounts, that I am sure came from his parents anyway. He can't get me just because he's a famous athlete. I am not impress with him. Simple. I don't like him.

Fame and influence will fade, but not the intellectual capacity of a man. Money can be spent, but the ideals and visions are infinite. I am not easily impressed by shallow things. When the time comes that I became successful, I can easily acquire those things. I don't need anybody to provide for me. I won't choose a man just because he can pamper me with things money can buy.