7| With Pleasure

"Stop looking at me like that," I hissed at Lacey.

The side of her lips rose. "What?" she tried to act innocent.

I rolled my eyes. I tried to focus my attention in reading my book.

She giggled. "I never knew that Travis Amante can be the sweetest man out there."

I bit my lower lip to suppress my smile.

Just this morning, a huge bouquet of red roses was sitting on my seat at my first class. Then during lunch time, he made use of the campus radio to ask me out for a date.

"He's going all out, Tia! He wants everyone to know about you!" Lacey grinned at me. "How does it feel? 'Yong 'di ka na in denial?" she teased.

I can't help but giggle.

I am actually feeling giddy all over. I always thought that all of these only exist on romance books and movies. All the butterflies in the stomach were only fictional. But I was wrong.

For three months, I can't deny the kilig feelings happening to me since Travis started courting me. Even my mother's already convincing me to make him my boyfriend.

"Oh, speaking of the charmer," Lacey giggled.

My forehead creased then I looked at my back, following Lacey's line of vision.

I saw Travis walking towards the picnic table, where Lacey and I were seated. Both hands on his pockets, and a warm smile on his lips. My heart instantly skipped some beats upon seeing him.

"Hey," he greeted after sitting beside me.

"Hi," I replied in a serious tone.

My forehead creased when I felt a kick on my leg. I threw a dagger look on Lacey.

"Tia, as I was always saying," she started with a mischievous grin. "It's not a bad thing to show how you really feel."

I glared at her.

Travis cleared his throat. "So?"

I prepared my passive face before I turned to him.

"About my invitation?" he smiled.

My lips parted.

"It's a yes, Trav," Lacey butted in. "Baka kasi mag-pakipot na naman 'yan kaya ako na ang sasagot."

I made a face. "Mahadera ka din. 'no?" mataray na sabi ko.

She smirked. "Well, at least I'm not pakipot."

Travis chuckled. "What's this all about?"

"Just a moment ago, Tia was smiling like an idiot. She's obviously pleased by all your moves. Then now, she's acting like it doesn't matter to her," Lacey said then rolled her eyes. "Ang arte-arte n'ya. Little did she know that every woman in this campus would trade their souls just to be on her shoes."

My lips parted at the embarrassment. I worriedly looked at Travis.

He gently smiled at me then lifted my hand to give it a kiss.

"I'll be going, guys. I'm starting to get envious," Lacey stood up. "I still like you Travis," she added then she walked out.

"She changed a lot," I said while watching Lacey walked away.

"Uh-huh," Travis responded.

When I looked at Travis, he's intently watching me. I felt conscious that I have to look away.