8| Silly Dolphins

Trav opened the backseat door of his car for me. It's three o'clock in the morning, and I'm still sleepy, but we have to travel this early so we can get to Subic before lunch time.

I saw a cute young man who's busy with his phone.

"Hi," I shyly greeted Terrence Luer Amante, Trav's kid brother, after I sat beside him. "Happy birthday," I said then handed him a box. I chose to give him a fountain pen, with his whole name engraved on it. Sabi kasi ni Travis, hindi matutuwa si Terrence sa mga laruan o kahit na ano'ng bagay na tipo ng mga ka-edad n'ya.

The boy smiled at me then extended his hand. "Hello," he said in a friendly tone. "Thank you."

I can't help but giggle. He's so cute.

"Tee, this is Ate Tia, my girlfriend," Trav introduced. "Tia, this is Terrence, my youngest brother," he gently said then tapped my knee before he closed the door at my side.

The moment Trav sat on the front seat, the car sped off.

"Where's your other brother?" I asked, breaking the silence.

Tee gave me an amused grin. "Do you really expect to see Troy here?"

"Tee," Trav warned. He looked at me from the front seat. "Troy has other plans for the weekend. He's with his friends," he gently explained.

My brows furrowed. "But you planned this trip since last week for their birthday," I said, a little irritated.

Tee let out a sarcastic chuckle. "Troy was always that ungrateful. Masasanay ka din, Ate Tia."

I went silent after that. I chose to sleep the whole duration of the trip. Tee was too engrossed with the documents he's reading while Travis was busy on his mails. He said it's about work.

Travis already had a position on their company, even before acquiring a degree. He's scheduled to fly to states for his master's degree. And from there, he's still planning to work for their company, through internet. Niyaya na nga n'ya ako kung gusto ko daw ba na sumama. I said that I'll discuss it with my parents after graduation.

"What else do you want?" Trav asked his brother. We're seated at the beach front restaurant of the resort he reserved for us.

"I'm fine with this, Kuya. Thank you," Tee replied then picked up the utensils and begun eating.

"How about you, my lady?" he sweetly asked.

"I'm fine with this as well, Trav. You're worrying too much," I smiled at him.

He shrugged. "I simply want the both of you contented and having a great time with this trip," he smiled.

"Where's Mom?" Tee asked.

Trav glanced at me before turning his full attention to his brother. He cleared his throat. "She's with Dad. They were invited to a business conference at Singapore. Akala nga nila makakauwi sila kagabi, but Dad got a call for an emergency meeting."

"I thought so," Tee replied like it's nothing to him.

Travis sighed. "Sorry, Terrence."

"It's fine, Kuya. I was used to it. I know that the company needs them more than we do. We can function even without them physically. The company can't," he said in a dismissive tone.

He may want to appear like it doesn't matter to him, but I can see the sadness in his eyes.

I felt a tight squeeze in my chest for them. I feel sorry for these rich kids.

"I'm sure Mom wished to spend this day with you and Troy," Trav convinced.

I held his hand and gave it a squeeze. I gently shook my head at him when he turned his head to me.