Part 4

Sonakshi reached home, throughout the drive she had been thinking about Dev's proposal of staying together. As she walked towards her room, Asha noticed that Sonakshi was lost in deep thoughts. She went to her and asked' kya hua Sona? Tu itni udaas kyu hai?' Bijoy saw them talking and joined their conversation. Asha continued 'Bata na Sona, Dev ke ghar pe kuch hua kya? Bijoy assumed something and got furious, he thought that Dev said something to Sonakshi. Asha calmed Bijoy. Sonakshi looked at her parents and asked them 'maa baba, kya ek aurat ke lea pregnancy ke waqt pati ka saat important hota hai?' Asha looked confused. She asked Sonakshi what happened. Sonakshi continued' maa, Dev ke ghar se nikal be se phele, Dev be mujhe se kha ki woh mare saath rehna chaatha hi'. Bijoy was shocked. 'Dev be kha ki kya hum dono ek alag ghar mein reh sakte hai'. Asha calmly asked Sonakshi,'toh phir, kya Kaka tu ne?' To which Sonakshi reply 'kuch Nahi maa, mujhe pata Nahi main kya karu. Mujhe dar lag raha hai ki kahi agar kuch galt ho jaye toh mein woh dard bardash Nahi kar sakti'. Asha understood that Sonakshi was afraid of the future. She made her sit on the sofa and offered her some water. Asha tried to calm Sonakshi and said' dekh Sona, tera darna bhaut obvious hai. Par ab iss baby ke lea thuje iss dar ko mitana hoga. Tu daregi toh iss baby ko kaun protect karega? Sonakshi stayed silent. Bijoy was angry but he didn't speak anything. Asha continued,' dev ne thuje jo kuch bhi kha woh tum dono ke lea kha. Ab tu jo be decision le, woh sahi lena. Hum there decision ko mana Nahi karenge. Aur haan, ek aurat ke lea pregnancy ke time pati ka saath important hota hai.' With that Asha took Bijoy in the room. Sonakshi sat there alone trying to take the right decision.
On the other hand, dev was waiting for Sonakshi's answer. There was celebration and happiness in the Dixit house.
A few hours passed, Sonakshi kept thinking about the decision. She went to her parents and said, ' main mare baby ke lea dev ko ek chance dena chaahati hu'. Bijoy was extremely furious, not because he hated dev but because he didn't like Sonakshi's decision. Asha asked Sonakshi 'tu sure hai? Sonakshi nodded at her. A few hours later Sonakshi called Dev. He answered the call in the first ring as he was waiting for her call for the longest time. 'Hello Sonakshi? Kya hua, kya socha tumne? Asked Dev. Sonakshi replied' Dev kya hum abhi mil sakte hai? Mare ghar ke paas ke coffee shop mein?' Dev instantly agreed.
*****
Dev reached the coffee shop before Sonakshi, he waited for her for a few minutes. Sonakshi arrived and dev made her comfortable. Dev ordered some fruit juice and he know that caffeine is not recommended during pregnancy.
Dev asked Sonakshi 'toh kya soch tum ne?' To which Sonakshi replied, 'dev, yeh pichle kuch din hum dono ke lea bhaut stressful the, iss relationship ko ek chance dane ko mujhe dar lag raha hai, lakin humare baby ke lea main yeh decision le rehi hu. I am ready to stay with you. Lekin main Dixit house main nahi rehna chaahati hu kyuki......' dev understood what she wanted to say, but he did not let her complete the sentence. 'Main janta hu Sonakshi, it's okay. If you don't mind, kya hum mare Juhu wale apartment mein reh sakte hai? Sonakshi agreed to stay in the apartment. Dev was extremely happy while Sonakshi was worried about the near future. They decided to shift in the house the next day but before that, Dev had to let his family know about this decision.
He dropped Sonakshi home and headed towards his.
He saw Ishwari and mamiji sitting in the living room. He went to them and said' maa maine ke faisla lea hai. Iss waqt Sonakshi ko meri sab se zada jarurat hai. Aur iss lea main aur Sonakshi ne socha hai ke hum dono ek saath ek alag ghar mein rehne wale hai. Hum dono kal humre Juhu wale ghar main shit ho rahe hai. Ishwari and mamiji were shocked. Ishwari didn't react but she felt insecure about loosing her son again. Mamiji felt helpless.
Dev went to his room and began to get ready to shift to his other house. That apartment was an apartment were Dev and Sonakshi would often go to spend some alone time. There were a lot of memories attached to that apartment. Dev was extremely exited to stay with Sonakshi. He wanted to fix all the misunderstandings that were between them. And night before going to bed, Dev said to him self 'Mr.Devrath Dixit, kal se tumhari new life shuru hoti hai'. He smiled to himself and went off to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For all those who don't know, Juhu is one of the richest localities in Mumbai.