Part 8

Dev and Sonakshi were on their way to the hospital. Their appointment was postponed and now they had to reach the hospital by 12pm. The hospital was quite far and the Mumbai traffic made it even worse. The reach the hospital on time, they had left home2 hours early. Today, Dev had decided to tell the prenuptial papers truth to Sonakshi.
Sonakshi on the other had was extremely excited for her ultra sound. They were stuck in the traffic
'Sonakshi, excited?' Asked Dev. Sonakshi smiled and nodded. 'Actually Sonakshi, main tum se kuch baat karna chaahata hu.' Sonakshi kept looking at him.
Dev hesitated and said 'Sonakshi, us raat ko jo kuch bhi hua, uske lea I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Sonakshi maine life main sirf tum se pyar kia hai. I can never ever even intend to hurt you. Agar tum mujhe thoda sa bhi trust karti ho toh please believe me that woh prenuptial papers na hi maine banvaey the aur na hi Maine un papers per sign kia. Sach to yeh hai ki jab Maine apne lawyer ko prenuptial papers ke lea mana kia, to usne maa ko bata kar mere dhoke se sign karvali. I never wanted to sign the papers. Main humaare relationship ko ek chance dena chaahata tha, laki tum ne bhi un papers par sign kar lia. Sonakshi I really love you.' Dev stopped talking as the traffic was cleared. He felt light from within after telling the truth to Sonakshi. Sonakshi was numb. She couldn't believe that Ishwari could fall to such low level that she would try to break her sons marriage. Dev and Sonakshi didn't speak a word throughout the drive. Sonakshi kept thinking about dev had told her.
As they reached the hospital, Dev parked the car and they walked towards the ultrasound ward. The nurse asked Sonakshi to change and get ready for the ultrasound. Dev and Sonakshi entered the room, Dr. Gupta was already waiting for them.' Hello Dr. Bose, I am so sorry ki mujhe yeh appointment postpone kari padi, woh actually mujhe ek emergency ke lea dusre hospital jana pada'. 'It's okay Dr. Gupta'. Sonakshi said. 'Shall we start? Please come and lie down on the bed'. Indicated the doctor. Dev watched the monitor with utmost attentions even though he did not understand what the doctor was doing.
The ultrasound went well. The doctor had asked them to wait for sometime to collect the reports and after the reports were collected, they were asked to meet the doctor. Dev went to complete all the hospital formalities while Sonakshi waited in the waiting room. A few hours later, the reports had arrived and Dev and Sonakshi were called in the doctor cabin. The doctor made them sit on the chair and said 'Dr. Bose reports toh sab theek hai, lakin ek problem hai. According to the reports, aise lag raha hai ke aap kisi cheez ka bhaut stress le rehi hai. This is not only affecting your body but also the development of your baby'. Dev was shocked. He knew what was causing stress to Sonakshi and so did Sonakshi. He said to the doctor ' doctor I will make sure ki Sonakshi ab koi bhi stress na le'. 'Please do. Yeh bhaut important hai ki Dr. Bose stress free ho'. Said Dr. Gupta. Before dev and Sonakshi left the cabin, the doctor told them a few more precautions that were to be taken. With that, they left the cabin.
Sonakshi was exhausted after coming back from the hospital. They had spent nearly 5 hours at the hospital. As they reached home Sonakshi decided to sleep for some time, while dev decided to do some office work.
**********************************************
It was 8:30 in the evening. Dev was watching television in the living room. Sonakshi woke up and walked towards the living room. She sat next to dev, maintaining a little distance. She looked at dev and said in a soft voice ' dev, I am sorry. I am sorry ki main tumhe galat samja'. Dev looked at her and smiled. He went close to her and held her hand and said 'Sonakshi, tum please sorry mat kaho. I am sorry. I am sorry ki maine us situation ko theek se handle Nahi kia. I am sorry ki maine tumhe itna hurt kia'. Tears rolled down Sonakshi eyes. Dev wiped her tears and said 'Sonakshi you mean everything to me. You are the most precious thing and the best thing that could ever happen to me. You complete me'. 'And you complete me dev'. Said Sonakshi. 'I love you dev'. 'I love you too Sonakshi'. Dev came forward to kiss Sonakshi, Sonakshi too responded. They kissed each other passionately. Dev hugged Sonakshi. Sonakshi felt protected in dev's arms. Because now she knew that she and their baby would always be safe in dev's warm arms.