Part 12

A few days had passed, Ishwari was in a dilemma. She did not know how to accept Sonakshi as her daughter in law. A few days had passed. Things were going great between dev and Sonakshi. Sonakshi was 5 months pregnant and as per the doctor the baby was healthy in the womb. Ishwari was fine now and it was dev and Sonakshi's last day at the Dixit house. They had decided to go back to their apartment so that they would get some alone time.
After lunch, everyone went to their room for an afternoon nap. Sonakshi walked towards Ishwari's room to give her medicines. 'Maa, aap ke medicines ka time ho Gaya hai'. Sonakshi woke up Ishwari from her nap. She gave Ishwari her medicines and waited until Ishwari consumed all of them. Sonakshi stood up to walk towards her room while Ishwari tightly grabbed her hand. 'Sonakshi, main tum se kuch kehna chaahati hu. Woh.....woh.... main tum se Maafi mangna chaahati hu'. Sonakshi was shocked. She couldn't believe that Ishwari could ever apologise to her. 'Mujhe maaf kar do Sonakshi. Mujhe humesha se lagta tha ki tum ek acchi bahu Nahi ban sakti. Maine kabhi thume iss parivar ka hissa mana hi nahi. Lakin ab mujhe lagta hai ki maine sab se badi galti kar di. Mujhe please maaf kar do. Sach kahu toh dev ko tum jaise patni aur mujhe tum jaise bahu kabhi bhi nahi mil sakti'. Sonakshi was numb. 'Thume lag raha hoga na ki main yeh sab iss lea keh rehi hu kyuki tum mujhe iss ghar ka waris de rehi ho? Par aisa kuch Nahi hai. Main dil se maafi mang rehi hu'. Ishwari joined her hands in front of Sonakshi. Tears rolled down Ishwari's cheeks. For the first time, Ishwari did not have the courage to look at Sonakshi. Sonakshi always had a big heart. Even after what Ishwari did to her, Sonakshi was ready to forget everything and forgive her. She held Ishwari's hand and wiped her tears and said 'Maa, aap mujh se badi hai. Aap ka koi haq Nahi hai ki aap mujse maafi mange. Lakin agar aap chaahati hai ki main aap ko maaf kar du, toh meri ke shart hai. Main chaahati hu ki ab se aap mujhe apni bahu Nahi, balks apni beti samjhe. Maa, main dev se pyaar karti hu, lakin iss ka matlab yeh Nahi ki main dev ko aap se dur kar rehi hu'. Ishwari hugged Sonakshi tightly. Sonakshi felt relieved. She felt good that things were getting better. Sonakshi made Ishwari comfortable in bed and left the room. She walked towards her room and saw dev was sitting on the study table working. She went to dev and hugged him tightly. Dev smiled at her and stood up from the chair. He kissed her forehead head and asked 'kya hua Sonakshi? Tum bhaut khush lag rehi ho?' Sonakshi smiled at him and said' Dev Maa be mujse maafi mangi. Maa me mujhe apna lea hai'. Dev couldn't believe it, after all, that was all he wanted. He always wanted Ishwari to accept Sonakshi. After Sonakshi told dev everything, Sonakshi was exhausted. Dev sat next to Sonakshi until she fell asleep.
Dev walked towards Ishwari's room and saw her fast asleep. He sat next to her and kept his hand on her forehead and said ' thank you maa'. He kissed her forehead and left the room feeling extremely happy about what had happened.
It was dinner time and dev and Sonakshi had to leave after dinner. Dev packed their bags and got ready to leave. All sat at the dinner table. Ishwari fed Sonakshi by her hands making sure that Sonakshi would eat probably. Seeing Ishwari and Sonakshi together irked mamiji but she was couldn't do anything thing.
While everyone were busy eating their food, ellena stood up and cleared her throat and said 'mai aap sab se kuch share kar na chaahati hu. I am pregnant'. Everyone at the dinner table started jumping with excitement. Mamaji and mamiji were the happiest as they were going to be grandparents. Everyone hugged each other and there was happiness in the Dixit house. Nikki quickly ordered for a cake and there was a small celebration. Everyone were happy that soon there would be two kids in the family. Vicky was going to be a father but he hated that. Mamiji's plan had worked and she was extremely proud of it.
Everyone stood at the door to say bye to dev and Sonakshi. Dev bent down to seek Ishwari's blessing. Ishwari hugged him and said 'Dev, tum dono rukh jao na'. Dev looked at her and said 'aaj Nahi Maa, main aur Sonakshi waha bhaut khush hai. Hum dono ko kuch time alag se bitana hai'. Ishwari didn't want them to go but she had no choice. With that, dev and Sonakshi left the Dixit house.
***********************************
Are you guys enjoying this story? Do you guys want me to continue this story or I should end it? If you guys ask me to continue, I would like to tell you that I won't be able to update regularly as I will have my exams soon.
Do let me know.