Part 15

After the small celebration in the office, Dev and Sonakshi reached home. Sonakshi felt weak. She decided to rest while dev decided to freshen up and prepare dinner. About an hour later, the dinner was ready. He called Sonakshi at the dining table for dinner. He served her and began to eat. He noticed that Sonakshi was not eating properly. 'Kya hua Sonakshi? Tum theek se kha Nahi rehi ho'. Dev seemed concerned. He took some rice in the spoon from his plate and tried to feed her. But she refused. Dev kept his hand on hers and asked 'theek Nahi lag raha hai?' Sonakshi replied 'Nahi dev, nausea sa feel ho raha hai'. Dev picked up a glass of water and offered her. She drank a few sips. She was extremely uncomfortable. 'Dev, bhaut uncomfortable feel ho raha hai. Body pain ho raha hai. I am going to sleep'. As she stood up to walk towards the bedroom, Dev stood up too. Sonakshi looked at him and said 'arey Dev....tum kyu uth gaye? Tum dinner kar lo'. Dev held her hand and said 'baad mein kar lunga'. He helped her reach the bed and made her comfortable in bed. He sat next to her and began to give her a foot massage. Sonakshi felt extremely relaxed. As she fell asleep, Dev stood up and gave her a kiss on her forehead. He was about to leave the room when he saw light flashing from Sonakshi's mobile. It was Bijoy. 'Thank god Sonakshi ka phone silent mode pe tha, warna Sonakshi uth jati' dev thought to himself. He answered the phone. 'Hello sona beta?' Said Bijoy. Dev hesitated to speak. 'Hel....hello baba, Sonakshi so rehi hai. Aap ko kuch kaam tha? Dev asked in a concerned tone. 'Kyu? Mein apni Brit ko call Nahi kar sakta? Bijoy said annoyingly. Asha was sitting next to him and Dev heard a voice through the phone...'BIJOY.....tum bhi na'. As soon as Asha said that to Bijoy, Bijoy's tone changed. 'Dev beta, Sona kaise hai?' Dev felt weird on hearing the word beta through Bijoy. 'Theek hai baba, just the normal pregnancy discomforts'. 'Accha dev, mai ne iss lea phone kia tha ki kal tum dono ko lunch ke lea ghar aana hai. Kal Asha ka Birthday hai aur iss lea ek family lunch hai. Tum dono 1:00pm tak aa Jana'. 'Theek hai baba, hum aa jayenge' dev said ending the conversation.
It was morning, dev was fast asleep. He heard some noise from the bathroom and he went to check. Sonakshi kept vomiting . Seeing Sonakshi in discomfort hurt dev. He stood behind her and patted her back to comfort her. The entire bathroom was a mess. Once Sonakshi felt better, he made her sit on the bed and offered her a glass of water. He sat beside her keeping his one hand around her shoulder he asked 'tum theek ho? Doctor ke pass Jana hai?' Sonakshi nodded and said 'main theek hu Dev, yeh sab toh pregnancy ke time bhaut normal hota hai'. Even though he knew that this was normal, he felt bad for her. He made her lie down in bed and sat next to her. He caressed her forehead until she fell asleep. He got out of bed and grabbed some cornflakes for breakfast. He unlocked his iPad and began to google 'how to take care of wife during pregnancy' he wanted to be the best husband, little did he know that he was already the best husband and superhero for Sonakshi. He spent hours reading different articles. He was so engrossed in reading that he failed to notice that Sonakshi had woken up and was sitting next to him. He then saw Sonakshi and said 'tum uth gai?' Sonakshi giggled at how busy he was reading and asked 'tum iPad par kya padh rahe the ki tum ne notice bhi nahi kia ki main tumhare pass baithe hu?' Dev suddenly picked up the iPad and said 'kuch Nahi Sonakshi, bas office ke kuch mails'. He did not wish to tell her that he was searching ways to be the best husband. 'Rukho, main tumhare lea breakfast laata hu'. Saying that he rushed towards the kitchen. Sonakshi giggled at his cuteness. Within a few minutes, dev came out of the kitchen with a tray. He fed Sonakshi. 'Arey Sonakshi, main toh tumhe batana hi bhool gaya, kal baba ka phone aaya tha. Aaj hume ghar bulaya hai. Maa ka birthday hai na'. Sonakshi face palmed and said 'oh haa....aaj Maa ka birthday hai. Main toh bhool hi gai thi. Oh no....hum ne toh Maa ke lea gift bhi nahi lea'. She began to panic. 'Relax Sonakshi relax. It's okay. Ghar jane se pahale hum mall ja kar kuch gift lelenge. Okay?' Sonakshi smiled at him and said 'Dev, I love you'. Dev looked at her and smiled and fed her another spoon because something's can be understood without saying anything.