Part 21

Dev walked out of the room pissed off. His blood was boiling. He saw everyone gathered at the dining table laughing and giggling and hence he decided to hide his anger and enjoy with his family. 'Dev, kaha tha tu? Chal aa ja khana kha le. Sonakshi ki paas aa ke baith'. Said Ishwari. Dev sat beside Sonakshi and smiled at her. No matter how hard dev tried to hide his emotions, Sonakshi would always understand that something is wrong. 'Dev, Vicky kaha hai?' Asked mamaji. 'Mamaji, woh room mein hai.aa raha hai'. He said. He did not wish to answer any more questions related to Vicky, and hence he change the topic. 'Arey Bhola bhaiya, khana Lao jaldi. Bhook lagi hai'. Bhola bhaiya came out of the kitchen juggling the dishes in his hands. He served everyone and all began to eat. A few minutes later, Vicky walked out of the room with a swollen cheek. Mamiji noticed that had walked towards him panicking. Everyone except Dev stood up in shock seeing Vicky. Sonakshi had finally realised that something has happened between Dev and Vicky and that's the reason he did not bother to look at Vicky. 'Kya ho gaya Vicky? Thea gaal itna sooj kaise gaya hai? 'Kuch Nahi hua hai mummy, bad daant mein dhoda dard hai. Iss lea gaal sooj gaya hai'. 'Hey ram....Bhola....aye Bhola, jaldi se mare bacche ke lea baraf la de'. Mamiji ordered Bhola. She made Vicky sit on the chair and served him lunch. Everyone sat to eat after a small drama. Dev didn't make any eye contact with Vicky. 'Maa, shaam ka kuch kaam hai toh Bol de'. Dev said to Ishwari. 'Woh Kanpur se kuch rishtedar plane se aa rahe hai. Toh tu woh phone par taxi book karta hai na, woh kar de'. She said. 'Nahi Maa, main khudh jakar unhe pickup kar lunga aur kuch kaam hai toh Bol'. Ishwari thought for a few seconds and said 'nahi, aur kuch kaam toh Nahi hai......Arey Haa bhaiya, aap abhi ghar par hu ho na? Woh decorators ghar aa rahe hai, toh aap please woh sab sambhal lo'.
Sonakshi interrupted 'Maa, main kuch madat kar du please?' Ishwari looked at her and said 'nahi, bilkul Nahi. Tum kamre me araam karogi'. 'Ha, Haa Sonakshi, tum kamre mein araam karogi'. Dev said. The fact that Ishwari was being good with Sonakshi irked mamiji and she had decided to speak to Ishwari about it. Everyone finished their lunch and began to head towards their rooms. Dev helped Sonakshi to get up from the chair. They walked till the stairs and Dev Said 'Sonakshi yaha par stairs hai. Do you want me to lift you?' Sonakshi was dying to be lifted my Dev in a bridal style but she felt embarrassed to be in his arms in front of the family. 'Nahi dev, I will manage. You just hold my hands'. Dev helped her to reach their room. He made her sit on the bed. Sonakshi knew that Dev was disturbed. She wanted to talk to him but she knew that it was not the right time as he was really disturbed and moreover, she was tired too. She went to sleep. While Sonakshi was asleep, Dev decided to finish some office work. Dev caressed Sonakshi's forehead. He kept thinking about the fight that he had with Vicky. For some reason, he kept doubting his love for Sonakshi, even though he knew that he loved her immensely and more than anything in this world. He realised that his thoughts were just irrational. He kissed Sonakshi's forehead and softly said 'I love you' in her ears. Ishwari knocked at the door and entered. ' Dev tu abhi tak ready Nahi hua? Ja airport ja. Flight char baje land ho rehi hai'. She said. 'Haa Maa, bas nikal hi raha hu'. Dev said. Ishwari left the room after reminding Dev that he had to go. Dev shut his laptop and grabbed his phone and wallet. He kissed Sonakshi's cheeks and left for the airport.
Ishwari was working in her room while mamiji walked in. 'Kya kar rahe ho jiji?' She Asked. 'Kuch Nahi bhabhi, yeh saari aur ghehne hai jo Sonakshi aaj Shaam mein phenhegi. Bas woh hi rakh rehi hu.' Ishwari replied. 'Jiji....mujhe na aap se kuch baat karni thi'. 'Haa bolo na bhabhi'. Mamiji continued 'Jiji, aap toh phele Sonakshi ko pasand Nahi karti thi na? Toh phir ajanak se itna pyaar'. Ishwari looked at mamiji and said 'haa bhabhi, ek waqt tha jab main Sonakshi ko pasand Nahi karti thi. Mujhe lagta that ki uss ke karan, Dev Mujhe aur apne parivar ko bhool jayega. Lakin sach kahu bhabhi, Sonakshi ek bhaut acchi ladki hai. Mujhe kabhi bhi Sonakshi se acchi bhau Nahi mil sakti thi. Main toh Bhagwan Ha shukhriyada karti hu ki unhone Dev, Sonakshi aur mujhe ek mauka dia'. Mamiji was dumbstruck. She couldn't believe that Ishwari had genuinely started to like Sonakshi. She left the room without saying a word. All she knew was that she was failing miserably at throwing Sonakshi out of the house and ruling over the Dixit house.
Ishwari welcomed all the relitives. All were eager to meet Sonakshi but she was still resting in her room. 'I think Sonakshi abhi tak so rehi hai, main jakar dekh kar aata hu'. Dev said that to his relatives and went to his room. Sonakshi was sleeping peacefully, Dev decided to freshen up. He went to the bathroom and Ishwari entered the room. A few minutes later, Dev came out and saw Ishwari standing in the room. 'Maa, tu yaha? Kuch kaam tha?' Ishwari look at Sonakshi and said 'yeh abhi tak so rehi hai?' 'Haa Maa, main abhi usse utha deta hu'. Dev said. 'Nahi Dev, usse sone de. Usse araam karni ki jarurat hain. Main toh bas yeh saari dene aai thi. Yeh saari tu Sonakshi ko de dena. Theek hai?' Ishwari's ''theek gai'' was loud enough to wake up Sonakshi. She woke up and saw Ishwari in their room. 'Sonakshi, tum uth gai? Yeh lo, yeh tumhari saari hai. Yeh tum abhi phen lo. Ek ghante mein function shuru ho jayega'. Sonakshi nodded to Ishwari's instructions. 'Arey Ishwari....dekh yeh photographer aa gaya hai. Jaldi aa ja'. Mamiji called Ishwari from the living room. Ishwari left Dev's room to attend the photographer.
'Dev, main change karne jati hu'. Sonakshi said to him. 'Main kuch help kar du?' Dev asked with a wicked smile on his face. Sonakshi knew his intentions. She giggled at his cuteness and said 'Nahi, I can help myself. You help yourself and get ready'.
All the guest had arrived for the function. The Dixit house was decorated beautifully. Dinner was arranged in the garden, a magic show was organised for the children on the terrace. Everyone including the relatives, neighbors, friends were invited. All were waiting for Dev and Sonakshi to come in the living room.
Dev and Sonakshi walked hand in hand. As soon as they entered the living room, the dj started the music. All the guest began to clap and hoot. Ishwari and Asha walked towards Dev and Sonakshi. While Asha held devs hand, Ishwari held Sonakshi's hand. They made the couple sit on the sofa. 'Chalo ab, function shuru karte hai. Asha ji, phela Haq Maa aur pita ka hota Ha. Asha ji, Bijoy ji, aap dono Dev aur Sonakshi ko ashirwad de do. Yeh rehi Aarti ki thaal'. Ishwari handed them the Aarti ki thal. Asha and Bijoy blessed Dev and Sonakshi. They gave them a few gift. 'Yeh lo,yeh paiso ka lifafa hai Tum dono ke lea'. Asha said. Dev hesitated to take it. He said 'Maa, iss ki koi jarurat Nahi thi'. Asha interrupted saying 'beta, mana mat karo, yeh humara ashirwad hai'. Dev accepted it reluctantly. Ishwari blessed Dev and Sonakshi and followed by her, the other blessed them too.
A few hours later, an announcement was made. 'Attention everyone, I want everyone on the dance floor now. Dev bhaiya, sona bhabhi, aap dono bhi. The dj played soft music and Dev and Sonakshi danced slowly lost in each other's eyes. A few minutes later, the dj stopped the music, and everyone stopped dancing. However, Dev and Sonakshi were so lost in each other that they did not realise that everyone had stopped. The applauds from the guest distracted them and they sat on the sofa. The photographer kept clicking candid pictures of them. Post dinner, all the guest left. Their relatives were accommodated in a hotel nearby.
Sonakshi went into her room, she decided to freshen up before going to bed. They had decided to spend the night at the Dixit house and leave the next morning after breakfast. Dev entered the room and saw Sonakshi searching for something in her bag. 'Kya hua? Kya dhoond rehi ho?' He Asked. Sonakshi kept searching as she said 'woh..woh Dev, I think I forgot my medicines. 'What? Are you serious? Thume pata hai na ki tum ek bhi dose Nahi miss kar sakti? How can you be so careless yaar?' He said with a high pitch. 'Dev, I am sorry na...why are you yelling at me? She said. 'I am not yelling at you. Huh. Ek kaam karte hai. Ghar chalte hai. Main Bhola bhaiya ko Sara saaman gadi mein rakhne Bol deta hu'. Dev said and left to instruct Bhola bhaiya. He was walking towards the kitchen, he saw Ishwari walking towards her room. 'Arey Maa, sun na. Woh main aur Sonakshi ghar ja rahe hai. Actually Sonakshi apne medicine Lana bhool gai hai, toh hum ghar ja rahe hai'. Ishwari was not happy that they were leaving, but she did not stop them because she knew that if was necessary for them to go.
They got ready to leave the Dixit house. Bhola bhaiya has loaded all the gifts in the car. After saying bye to all, they left the Dixit house.
*****************************
I am really sorry for the late update. Actually, this update was ready yesterday, but due to some mistake, it got deleted. I had to type the chapter again.
Also, ''roommates'' will be updated ASAP.