Part 20

Sonakshi woke up early to go to the bathroom. Her morning sickness was getting worse as days were passing. She tried to open the bathroom door but it was occupied by Dev 'Sonakshi, main hu bathroom mein. Give me 5 minutes '. Sonakshi had to throw up and she could certainly not wait for Dev to come out. She rushed towards the guestroom bathroom. After a few minutes, she came back to her room and sat on the bed. She felt sick and weak. Dev came out of the shower with a towel around is neck and boxers. He saw Sonakshi sitting on the bed. She looked exhausted. He went to her and kept his hand around her shoulder. 'Kya hua Sonakshi? Not feeling well? Did you throw up?'. He rubbed Sonakshi arm. 'Bas thoda weak lag raha hai'. She said in low tone. Dev thought for a while and said ' Sonakshi, main Maa ko call karke bol Deta hu ki pooja postpone kar de. Tumhari tabyet Theek Nahi hai'. 'Arey Nahi Dev. Maa ko call mat karo. Ghar par pooja humare lea rakhi hai. Hume pooja ke lea ja rahe hai' Sonakshi said. Dev did not seem extremely convinced to go as Sonakshi was unwell. 'Aur Waise bhi Dev, yeh toh morning sickness hai. It very normal. Aap tension mat lo'. Dev knew how excited she was for her baby shower and he definitely did not wish to kill her excitement. 'Accha okay. Hum ek condition par jayenge. Firstly, tum apne aap ko bilkul bhi exert Nahi karogi. And secondly, tum pooja ke baad chup chap room mein ja kar rest karogi. Okay?' Sonakshi loved how Dev would try to look pissed off at her but always failed at it miserably. 'Main tumhare lea breakfast lata hu, tab tak tum ready ho jao', Saying that Dev went to the kitchen. Sonakshi walked out of the bedroom wearing a beautiful red Anarkali. With minimal makeup and her baby bump, she looked extremely pretty. Dev fed her breakfast and got ready for the pooja.
Dev drove towards their house. Sonakshi kept staring at him. She wanted to talk to dev. 'Toh?' Asked Sonakshi. 'Kya toh? Dev asked confusingly. Sonakshi continued 'Toh kya socha tumne? Tum pooja mein baith rahe ho ya Nahi? Dev kept silent for a few seconds and said 'baith raha hu, lakin dil se nahi. Pichle baar main tumhare khene par Maa ke lea baitha tha. Aaj mein tumhare lea aur humare baby ke lea pooja mein baith raha hu. Bhagwan se meri kabhi Nahi banegi'. Dev and Sonakshi always respected each other's thoughts and beliefs and that's way Sonakshi did not discuss anything further. They reached the Dixit house. Nikki saw their car through the window she grabbed Riya's hand and rushed to welcome her bhaiya and bhabhi. Dev got out of the car and opened the door for Sonakshi. He held her hand and helped her to step out of the car. 'Bhaiyaaaaa.....' Dev and Sonakshi turned around to see who was calling them with so much excitement. Nikki and riya ran towards Dev and hugged him tightly. 'Bhaiya, bhabhi....aap kidhar the? Kitna time alag dia'. Questioned riya. 'Riya, traffic bhaut tha'. After breaking the sibling hug, Nikki, riya hugged Sonakshi. 'Bhabhi, aap ka baby bump bhaut cute lag raha hai....' Dev interrupted and said 'arey? Sari baatein yaha karni hai kya? Chalo andhar chalte hai, sab wait kar rahe honge'. As they entered the house, mamiji saw them and said ' jiji, dekho yeh dono aa Gaye'. Ishwari walked out of the kitchen with a spoon in her hand. 'Tum dono aa Gaye. Kitna time laga dia. Pandit ji aate hi honge. Tum dono baitho, main aati hu'. She was about to walk towards the kitchen when Dev stopped her. 'Maa, tu kitchen mein kya kar rehi hai? Thuje doctor aur Sonakshi ne kaam kerne se mana kia hai na? Ghar par Bhola hai, vo bana dega na sab kuch.' 'Dev beta, main toh pooja ka Prasad bana rehi hu, aur pooja ka Prasad toh main hi banaungi. Bhola Nahi. Arey Bhola, Dev bhaiya aur doctor bhabhi ke lea pani lana. Sonakshi, tum aram se baitho, thume kuch aur chahiye? 'Nahi Maa'. Bhola got water for them. 'Bhola, mare saath kitchen mein chalo aur sabji kaat lo'. Saying that, Ishwari left to prepare the Prasad. While dev and mamaji were discussing the current affairs and stocks, Nikki, riya ,elena and Sonakshi discussed the latest fashion trends and sales in the city. 'Mamaji, Vicky kahi dikh Nahi raha hai'. Mamaji sighed in dismay and said 'Vicky abhi tak so raha hai. Kuch mainho mein vo ek bacche ka baap bane wala hai, lakin ek jimmedari Nahi le sakta'. Mamaji could rant about his son for hours but he saw the bose family enter the house. 'Welcome Bijoy sahab, welcome Asha ji, Kaise ho sourab beta? Ishwari, jaldi aa, dekh kaun aaya hai'. Ishwari welcomed them. After sharing some pleasantries Ishwari hugged Asha. The Dixit family and the bose family were meeting for the first time after Dev and Sonakshi had signed the prenuptial agreement. Both the family were ready for a fresh start and forget about the past. Ishwari made them comfortable and said 'aap sab baitho, Mujhe kitchen mein kaam hai' 'Ishwariji, main kuch madat kar du?' Asha asked. ' Nahi Nahi, thoda sa kaam hai, aap yaha aram se baitho aur apni beti ke saath batein karo.'
Around fifteen minutes later, the pandit ji arrived. As soon as he arrived, all got ready for the pooja. Dev sat on the floor with the pandit while Sonakshi sat on a chair. After two hours of Sanskrit chantings, the pooja got over. Pandit ji blessed devakshi and their baby and left the Dixit house. The bose family got up to leave. 'Accha Ishwari ji, ab hum chalte hai'. Said Bijoy. 'Arey? Aap Bina khana khaey Nahi ja sakte'. Asha interrupted saying 'Ishwari ji, hume bank mein thoda kaam hai, hum shaam ko saath baje baby shower ke lea aa jayenge.' They took their leave and left.
Elena was upset because everyone except Vicky were present during the pooja. She walked towards their room to call Vicky. 'Vicky, tum bahar kyu Nahi aa rahe ho?Humari family bahar hai, sab tumhar wait kar rahe ho'. Vicky turned towards Elena with a bottle of alcohol in his hand. 'Tum....tum drink kar rahe ho? Are you crazy? Thume pata hai na ki ghar par pooja thi'. 'Sssshhhh....Elena' Vicky said in a drunk state. He was out of his senses and he continued 'kis family ki baat kar rehi hai Elena? Yeh family sif kehne ke lea hai. Yaha par sab sirf Natak karte hai. Dev bhai sonakshi se pyaar karne ka natak, bua,Sonakshi se pyaar kare ka natak. Phele toh bua Sonakshi ko pasand hai karti thi na? Kya ho gaya ajanak se? Jab pata chal ki woh Maa bane wali hai, toh bhaut pyaar aa gaya. Acchi bhali ja rehi thi Ghare chodke...' Elena couldn't believe what Vicky had said. She was shocked. Vicky had said all of this in a drunk state and out of frustration . He had always been jealous of devs success and that had made him angry. Mamaji has sent Dev to get Vicky and Elena from their room. Dev had hear EVERYTHING. His blood was boiling. Never had he thought that is brother would think so. 'VICKY....' Dev yelled on top of his voice. Fortunately it was not audible to people in the living room. Dev walked towards Vicky and slapped him hard. The slap was so hard that Vicky lost balance. Dev held him by his collar and said in an angry tone ' teri Himmat kaise hui Sonakshi aur maa ke bare mein kuch kehne ki? Agar tu ne Maa ya Sonakshi ke bare mein kuch bhi kaha toh mein thuje Nahi chodunga. Tu hota kaun hai mare aur Sonakshi ke pyaar par ungli uthane wala? Tune aisa kya kia hai Elena ke lea? Elena ko chod. Tune kabhi mamaji mamiji ke lea kuch kia hai?' Dev was so angry that he did not care that Elena would feel bad. Dev continued ' Bol na Vicky? Tune life mein kya achieve kia hai ki tu mare, Sonakshi aur Maa ke bare mein Bol Raha hai. Mujhe pata Nahi tha ki tu itna gira hua insaa hai. Har baar thuje chota bhai maan ke maine thuje maaf kia hai. Lakin iss baar Nahi. Agar tune agli baar Maa ya Sonakshi ke bare mein kuch bhi Bol toh mein bhool jaunga ki tu mera bhai hai'. Dev left Vicky's collar and pushed him on the floor. Dev walked out of the room.
***************************
Guys, I need to know how you feel about this story. Are you guys finding this plot boring? Please comment. Please give me your honest reviews
Ps: the next update for ''so close yet so far'' and ''roommates'' will be after 13th October.