Part 22

After a long function, Dev and Sonakshi returned back to the apartment. Dev parked the car in the basement and helped Sonakshi reach the apartment. Sonakshi changed into some comfort clothes and went to bed. As soon as she fell asleep, Dev went back to the apartment to get the gifts from the car. With a lot of struggle, he managed to carry all the gifts. He dumped all the gifts in the living room and went to sleep.
The next morning, Sonakshi woke up before Dev. She saw the gifts kept in the living room, she was eager to open them but she then decided to wait for Dev to open the gifts with him. She went in the kitchen and boiled a cup of milk for herself. She sipped her cup of milk and read the newspaper in peace. Dev woke up and did not see sonakshi beside him. He got out of bed and walked towards the living room. seeing sonakshi sit at the dining table, he quietly walked towards her and hugged her from the back. He kissed her on her head and said 'Good morning Mrs. Dixit. Kab uthi tum? Breakfast kia?' Dev pulled a chair and sat next to her. 'Good morning Mr. Dixit, main aap ka wait kar rehi thi. Saath mein breakfast karte hai'. Dev stood up to head towards the kitchen. 'Toh batao, What do you want to eat?' He Asked. Sonakshi thought for a few seconds and said 'can I eat you'? She winked at Dev. 'Chee Sonakshi, you are so cheesy. Kya ho gaya hai thume'. Dev said jokingly. 'Arey Dev, yeh sab pregnancy ke side effects hai'. She said sarcastically. He laughed and said 'pregnancy ke side effects ya tumhare side effects?'. They laughed at each other and walked towards the kitchen. Sonakshi pulled the dining table chair to the kitchen. She sat there while dev was juggling the tomatoes, deciding what to eat. 'Dev, I feel like eating something healthy, oats bana do na please'. Dev hated oats, but he did not mind eating them with her. He began to make oats. 'Sonakshi, breakfast ke baad jaldi se ready ho jao. Thume yaad hai na, aaj doctor ki appointment hai'. He said. 'Haa, Haa, mujhe yaad hai. Hum time par paunch jayenge'.
The reached the hospital on time. It was Sonakshi's last sonography before her delivery. She was excited and nervous at the same time. The nurse directed Sonakshi for sonography. Dev waited outside. After about twenty minutes, Sonakshi came out of the room. She went and sat beside Dev. The nurse came toward them and told them that the reports will be ready within ten minutes.
It had been over 45 minuets but the report were not given to Sonakshi. The nurses and the staff members were not answering the reason behind the delay. Sonakshi began to panic. 'Dev, yeh log itna time kyu laga rahe hain? Ek ghanta ho gaya. Dev...kahi...kahi baby ko toh kuch...' Dev rubbed Sonakshi's back and said 'chup...baby ko kuch Nahi hua hai...aisa kuch socho bhi mat...sab theek hi'. Sonakshi was scared. She held Dev's hand tightly. After another 15 minuets, the nurse asked them to go in the doctors cabin.
'Doctor...sab theek hai na?' Sonakshi asked without greeting the doctor. Dr. Gupta smiled at Sonakshi and said 'sab theek hai Dr. Bose, don't worry, I personally wanted to study your report, iss lea time lag gaya'. Sonakshi had never felt so relieved in her life. 'Anyway, start kare?' Dr. Gupta asked. Dev and Sonakshi nodded and Dr. Gupta began to instruct them some important things.
After about an hour, Dev and Sonakshi got done with the meeting with the doctor, they walked towards their car. 'Tum theek ho na ab? Kitna tension leti ho yaar'. Dev said to Sonakshi. Sonakshi hugged Dev from the side and said 'I am extremely relieved now'. Dev broke the hug and said 'accha chalo ab, bhaut late ho gaya hai, mujhe ghar ja kar ek conference call karni hai'. 'Dev....I am hungry'. She said. Dev check the time and it was already 3:30. He realised that Sonakshi had not eaten anything after breakfast. 'Ek kaam karte hai, pass mein ek Mall hai, waha se we will grab something to eat'. They reached the mall and Dev said 'Sonakshi, tum gadi mein baitho, tell me what do you want, main lata hu'.
'Do burgers, do plate chicken wings, one large fries, one big milkshake'. Dev looked at her and jokingly said 'Tum nutritionists ho na?' Sonakshi made a puppy face and said 'dev...I have to eat for two people now...please la do yeh sab'. Dev giggled at her behaviour and left to get food.
*****************************
Guys, I am planning to end this story very soon as I am not happy with how it is turning out to be. But don't worry, it wouldn't be an abrupt ending. After ending this story, I will be updating 'roommates' regularly.