Part 5

Dev woke up at around 8 in the morning, it was a peaceful sleep but the alarm disturbed the sleep. He had to pickup Sonakshi by 9:30am. He was more than excited. He took a quick shower and got ready. He went down for breakfast. Everyone was at the breakfast table. Dev notice that Ishwari was ignoring him. Mamaji was was happy with the decision dev and Sonakshi had taken. Mamiji tried to say something but mamaji didn't allow her to say anything as he know that she would interfere in the matters. Dev was so happy that he didn't want anyone to say anything about his decision and that's why he ate his breakfast in silence. After the breakfast, Dev went to his room and got his luggage. He went to Ishwari to seek her blessings but this time Ishwari didn't seem very keen bless him for his decisions. Mamaji wished dev good luck and dev left the Dixit house.
He reached Sonakshi's house but decided not to go inside as Bijoy was still upset and Dev knew that Bijoy would create some drama. He called Sonakshi and asked her to come down. Sonakshi was worried to go. She came down and saw dev waiting in the car. Asha and Bijoy came with her to say good bye and keep her luggage in the car. Before leaving she hugged her parents tightly. Bijoy kissed her on her forehead and asked her to take care of herself. They drove to the apartment. They was awkward silence in the car, neither of them spoke. They didn't have to courage to speak.
They reached the buliding. Dev unloaded the luggage from the car. They got into the lift and reached the apartment. Dev opened the door and let Sonakshi get in first.

Dev made her comfortable on the sofa while he got their luggage in the house

Dev made her comfortable on the sofa while he got their luggage in the house. The house was well furnished. Dev and Sonakshi didn't have to set anything in the house. Dev went into the kitchen to check if the basic cooking ingredients were available or not. The kitchen was empty and Dev had to go to the supermarket to get all the items. As he walked towards the door, he saw that Sonakshi seemed to be tired. He asked her to go in the bedroom and rest for some time. He helped her get to the bedroom. He waiting for her to fall asleep before he left for shopping.
As Dev entered the supermarket he didn't know where to go. He was confused. That's because he had never been to a supermarket alone. It would usually be Ishwari or Neha who will get the grocery at home. Dev took a trolley and began to walk around. With the help of google, he managed to get some basic ingredients that are used for cooking. He walked towards the billing counter and realised that it would be nice to buy somethings for Sonakshi. He wanted to pamper her will all the food items a pregnant woman craves for during pregnancy. He first went to the section where achaar was kept. He put a few bottles in the trolley and went to the section where junk food was kept. He picked some packets of chips and biscuits. His trolley was filled with all the items Sonakshi loved. He purchased everything and headed towards the apartment which was a 10 minutes drive. As he entered, he saw Sonakshi sleeping peacefully and decided not to wake her up. He kept all the food that he had gotten for Sonakshi on the dining table.
He checked the time and it was 12:30pm. He had decided to prepare lunch for Sonakshi. With the help of google, me managed to make pasta for the two of them. Dev didn't like pasta much but he knew that Sonakshi loved it.
Sonakshi woke up a few hours later. She walked out of the room and saw the dining table was loaded with all her favourite junk food. She smiled at the efforts of Dev.
She went and sat in the living room. Dev was nowhere to be seen and Sonakshi assumed that he had gone somewhere out, as she thought so, she saw dev in the balcony setting the table for lunch. She walked towards the balcony and saw her favourite food on the table. Red sauce pasta and garlic bread. She had a huge smile on her face. They sat on the table and Dev served her the lunch. Sonakshi asked 'khana bhaut accha hai? Kaha se mangaya?' Dev smirked and said' maine banaya.' Sonakshi was shocked as she knew that Dev didn't know to cook.
The rest of the lunch was eaten in silence as they enjoyed the beach view form the balcony. None of them spoke as Sonakshi was suddenly not feeling comfortable to talk to Dev. Dev didn't bother her.
After lunch, Dev had an important meeting to attend, he didn't wish to go as he wanted to stay with Sonakshi but the meeting was important. He said bye to Sonakshi and left for the meeting.
Sonakshi decided to get some pregnancy related books online. She ordered a few book and her phone rang. It was her mother. 'Hello Sona, kaise hai tu? Waha sab theek hai na?' asked Asha. 'Haa maa yaha sab theek hai. Aap Kaise ho? Baba abhi bhi naraz hai kya?' Asha replied,'haa thode naraz hai, woh teri chinta karete hai, iss lea naraz hai. Unhe thoda time de, sab theek ho jayega'. They spoke for sometime and then Asha cut the call. Sonakshi felt good after talking to Asha. It was evening and dev had not returned. Sonakshi was hungry so she decided to prepare dinner for the two of them. Sonakshi decided to make some rajma chawal. A lot of efforts were put in to prepare dinner. She was exhausted and decided to rest for sometime. A few hours later dev reached home. As he entered, he could smell some good food. He saw that rajma chawal was kept on the dinner table and he got really excited . He walked towards the bedroom and saw Sonakshi was sleeping. He didn't want to disturb her so he quietly went to take a quick shower. As he came out of the shower, Sonakshi woke up due to the light that came from the bathroom. She noticed dev. He looked extremely hot in the towel. She kept stating at him but got distracted when dev said 'hi Sonakshi, how was your day?' Sonakshi smiled and said' good' and got out of the bed. She looked at Dev and said 'Dev, dinner ready hai. Tum change karke aa jao saat mein dinner karte hai'. Dev nodded.
They sat at the dinner table and began to eat. Dev recognised the taste and understood that Sonakshi had prepared the dinner. He looked at her, smiled and said, 'Sonakshi, khana bhaut accha bana hai, lanki main Nahi chaatha ki tum apne aap ko exert karo. Main kal ek maid ko hire Karuna. Woh sab kaam karegi'. Sonakshi agreed to dev and nodded.
After dinner, Dev and Sonakshi sat together in the living room watching television. Dev wanted to tell her the truth that the prenuptial papers were signed by mistake but he couldn't gather the courage to start that conversation as he know that all those things were still bothering Sonakshi.
Sonakshi looked tired and so they decided to go to sleep. Before they slept, Dev kept his hand on Sonakshi's tummy to show his affection towards their baby. Dev had decided to tell Sonakshi everything about the prenuptial papers as soon as possible but he wanted to make sure that it should not be stressful for her. He wanted Sonakshi to be comfortable. They smiled at each other and went to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to thank everyone who appreciated my work. It really means a lot to. Stay tuned for the updates.
-riya