Chapter 21- City

Chapter 21- City

"I'm so excited. Aren't you, honey?" my mom says as soon as we board the plane.

"Sort of," I shrug.

"You're not scared of planes, are you?"

"No, not at all." I take a seat at 29D and my mom sits next to me. I stare out the window as the orange beam of the sun has just begun to peak out from the horizon.

I still don't understand why Leslie Lavan sent us tickets to board at 7:45 meaning me and my mom had to wake up at five in the morning just to get to the airport on time. Ridiculous.

"I think we're about ready to board." The seatbelt sign glows for the passengers to fasten our seatbelts in and I oblige. "Los Angeles, here we come."

Message from: Harry

I like the red ones.

Reply:

Wat are you talking about?

Message from: Harry

Red lace panties.

Reply:

Harry, plz tell me you did not steal a pair of my panties again.

Message from: Harry

I did not steal a pair of your panties again.

Message from: Harry

Okay, maybe I might have

Reply:

Wat is ur problem?

Message from: Harry

Sorry, babe. I couldn't help myself. I'm an animal, I know.

I laugh out loud and my mom looks at me, confused. Suddenly remembering where I am, I press my lips into a thin line to keep from laughing.

Reply:

Pervert.

Message from: Harry

Do you rememba the first time we kissed?

Reply:

How could I forget

Message from: Harry

Hurry back.

Reply:

Ripley, Georgia will continue on just fine without me there. Besides, it's only for a few days.

Message from: Harry

Ripley will. I won't.

I smile, shoving my phone into my pocket just when the flight attendant tells the passengers we will be landing soon and we will need to turn our cell phones off.

My mom nudges my shoulder and gestures out the window where I switch my gaze over to. Skyscrapers begin to appear below the cumulus clouds and a big, great city is revealed; Los Angeles, California. "Wow." The word drops from my mouth before I can catch it.

The Hitlon Hotel is huge and is nothing compared to the dusty motels I usually stay at when me and my family go on road trips. Well, we used to go on road trips.

One time, we even drove all the way from Hartford to Washington D.C. just to get a glimpse of the White House.

Dorky, I know, but those are things we used to do just for the hell of it because we got "family time."