Chapter 3

A month after little Emily turned 3 years old she started to notice things around the house. She started learning new words by seeing them on the walls or on these rectangular shaped things called books or otherwise she would learn from the spoken words of her parents which was very few words. And some words she was taught by seeing the action of them. One word in particular she was taught by seeing the shadows of it on the wall of her bedroom shinning through her open door. This word was called...ABUSE. She learned more and more about the meaning of the word when she saw the shadows on her walls from the door.

Every time she saw those shadows she knew the action of the word ABUSE was taking place. Yes her mother was ABUSED regularly by her father. And in case the picture on Emily's drawing wall didn't give much of a clue, her dad is an alcoholic. He was a regular drinker and one of his and a few other's beliefs was that marriage was built on ABUSE. Not everyone had the same beliefs about marriage,  other's would say marriage is built on ANGER or DEPRESSION. But trust me none of these marriages or relationships were ever healthy. Yet no one ever divorced. Hard to believe but true.