Chapter 14

So Emily turned 14 about 4 months ago. She has read a lot about Professor Happypants' research. One thing he mentioned in his research which was a little obvious but very true, was: Happiness is a good and healthy feeling. How he describes the feeling of happiness like when you're in love he describes it as a bubbly feeling inside you and you just literally feel like your head is in the clouds. And she's been reading far into the book about how the feelings are described and how they would feel. But recently there has been this guy in class who Emily never particularly paid attention to. Not that anyone in class ever paid attention to each other. But to Emily this guy started to stand out. And she actually noticed he did a lot of poetry and drawings too. They kinda have the same hobbies.

He just stood out to her in a way. His name was Michael and to be honest without really realizing it she started liking him and she would daydream about him. She would get this fuzzy-warm feeling inside her ,this bubbly feeling. When she walked to school her head would be in the clouds. She even managed to smile a little in secret. Today she was going to tell Michael she liked him but without actually talking. She would give him a white rose (no one ever gave people white roses). At second break she went to him and gave him the rose. He looked at her and she was smiling but kids were staring. He went away and came back and gave her a black rose (which means, "I hope you die"). She just went home crying and went to sit on a cliff. She went back to her old self, depressed.