Chapter 9

So it's been a few days since Emily turned 9. She still gets the feeling someone is watching her when she speaks to Bones about her private thoughts. So something new happened, not really anything exciting. I think I should mention that nothing that ever happens in this world is exciting. But what happened was actually quite terrible. Emily's dad remarried without telling her. Meaning to say she got a new mom. But no one ever said it would be a good thing to get a new mother. And I should say on one of her recent "walk and talk's" with Bones she was wondering ,How long will this mom last? If her real mom only lasted until she was the age of 6 how long would this mom be with her?

Would she last longer or perhaps not even pass 6 years? But one thing is for sure her father's belief of marriage being built on abuse hasn't changed. And sure enough his new wife wasn't being treated with any more respect than his first wife received. Emily didn't think that she and this mom would connect, either (And she didn't know how right she was). And Emily wondered why her father bothered marrying again for it only to ,possibly, end in tragedy again. And Emily wondered what a relationship would be like in this world if it ever contained one of the things that people never spoke of called...love.