Chapter 13

Emily had reached the age of 13, she was now officially a teenager. Not that it was something worth celebrating though. Anyway I told you they don't celebrate birthdays. But Emily hadn't eaten in a while. She was looking a little thin. And recently she decided to start going to the library after school or after she finished her chores. She thought that if the internet was not going to give her any info on happiness, she might as well try the library. Not a bad idea I must say ( Like someone (me) once said " If things can't be done the new way try the old fashioned way ", no I didn't say it my mom did). And she read quite a few books there to try and find one about happiness. She finally found a book there called "the History and facts of happiness" written by Professor Happypants (No I'm not kidding, that was actually his name).

I guess his name came from the thing all his studies, experiments and projects were about... happiness. He knew pretty much everything about it. And he also knew one or two things about love and having fun. And Emily decided that she wanted to keep the book so she could read the whole thing. It had over a thousand pages. So last week she had a plan ( because no one would let her out with a book like that). She took wrapping paper and covered the book with it to make it look depressing. She even sticked a realistic looking title on the front and side the book "the dying swan". She brought the book with the money she had and walked out with no one suspecting a thing.