Chapter 17

Little Do You Know by Alex and Sierra

Ally's pov:

I want Y/n to realize that what Lauren said is the complete truth. I can see she's trying to believe it.. I can see it in her eyes.

I move over to the floor so I'm right in front of her and I hold her hand.

"We will always be here for you Y/n.. that's the truth." I looked her in the eyes and saw that they teared up.. but no tears came out. I wonder what's going on in her head? She looks down at my hand and starts humming.

"Hey!! I know that song!! It's Little Do You Know by Alex and Sierra!!" Dinah cheeringly said, I agreed remembering that I sang that to her and didn't realize she knew it. Normani laughs at Dinah and then looks to Y/n.

"Hey Y/n, will you sing some of it for us?" She looks up at Normani and her cheeks turn a slight shade of pink, Lauren cooed behind her.

She looks down at our hands and takes a deep breath.

"I'm warning you now.. if your ears bleed it's not my fault." I let out a little giggle as I wait for her to start. She looks up, clears her throat and closes her eyes.

"Little do you know

How I'm breaking while you fall asleep"

"Little do you know

I'm still haunted by the memory"

"Little do you know

I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece"

"Little do you know

I need a little more time"

You can hear her emotions running along with her voice. Her soul and thoughts combining in a beautiful melody.

"Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside"

"I've been holding back

For the fear that you might change your mind"

"I'm ready to forgive you but forgetting is a harder fight"

"Little do you know

I need a little more time"

She opens her eyes and looks at us.

"PLEASE KEEP GOING!!" I laugh at Dinah and Normani as they excitedly scream together to Y/n. She closes her eyes and continues.

"I'll wait, I'll wait

I love you like you've never felt the pain, I'll wait"

"I promise you don't have to be afraid, I'll wait"

"The love you see right here stays so lay your head on me"

I can feel a part of her lifting, like the promise in the song brings a little hope to her mind.

"Little do you know

I know you're hurt while I'm sound asleep"

"Little do you know

All my mistakes are slowly drowning me"

"Little do you know

I'm trying to make it better piece by piece"

"Little do you know

I, I love you till the sun dies"

How could someone hurt such a beautiful soul.

"I'll wait, just wait"

"I love you like I've never felt the pain, just wait"

"I love you like I've never been afraid, just wait"

"Our love we see right here stays so lay your head on me"

"I'll wait, I'll wait"

"I love you like you've never felt the pain, I'll wait"

"I promise you don't have to be afraid, I'll wait"

"The love you see right here stays so lay your head on me"

"Lay your head on me"

"So lay your head on me"

"'Cause little do you know

I love you till the sun dies"

She holds out the last note and a smile plasters itself on her lips. The mood lifting after the amazing performance. She is so beautiful and talented.

"That was fuckin amazing!"

"LAUREN!! LANGUAGE!" I look to Y/n and hug her. "That was beautiful honey."

"Th thanks.. it's one of my favorite songs."

"Yo wait, hey Y/nn. When you were sleeping we could hear you humming. Do you know what song that was?" We all look at Dinah and then back at Y/n, curious to know the answer.

She takes a second and bites her lip, she is soo cute! And then looks at us like a lightbulb just went off in her head.

"Oh ya! It was Little Me by Little Mix. That's a good song, it's empowering just like Brave Honest Beautiful. Man.. with those songs.. you could rule the world." She leans back on Lauren and snuggles into her.

"That's cool Y/Ln! I'll have to give that a listen." I said as I realize I'm forgetting something.

"Oh hey Y/nn, do you want to go to the park? Your friends can meet us and drop off your stuff and we can all hang out and chill. That sound good?" Lauren beat me to it, great minds think alike. Y/n nods in response.

"Alright then let's go."