Chapter 59

Y/n's pov:

I wake to water hitting my face. Sand sticks to my skin as I rise on my elbows. I turn to sit only to be hit with a painful pulse striking from below my hips.

Memories of what happened come clear as I realize I'm laying naked on the sand. Bruises cover my torso to my thighs.

I run my hands through the sand, looking back at the worn out cabin.

I turn and sit and stare, watching the sloshing of the waves before me. I start drawing circles in the sand, my eyes pacing to the moving horizon in front of me. The calming waves encircling me, pulling me away.

I get up, feeling the wet sand stick and the water dribble down my limbs. I follow the waves, my eyes trained to the horizon.

First my ankles, then my shins. My knees disappear under the crest followed by my waist. My hands lay delicately on the surface, ebbing the water as I move.

My limbs no longer feel weak, they no longer feel like mine. The current of the tide pulls me more as my chest slips beneath. My hands fall to my side, joining the detached comfort of the tide.

My breathing slows as my neck is encircled by the water. The cool liquid is leading me away, it's helping me.

I stare straight ahead, eyes locked on the calming rise and fall.

My lips feel cool as the water continues; my ears become blocked as it rises. I take the air that I can into my nose between each rise and fall of a wave. My eye lids feel heavy as the waves rise before my view.

I take in one last breathe as my nose in submerged in the froth, my eyes shutting. I allow the water to control my dwaling, as it pushes me deeper within myself and farther from reality. Wandering is fun, it is a way to lose oneself when everything else has been lost.

Small bubbles rise against my skin as the water reaches my hairline, feeling my hair tracking behind in the sillage of the water. Each piece of hair curving and waving within the trail left behind. My worries and thoughts escaping me with each tug of the current, joining the frothy bubbles left on the surface of the water.

I hear a distant high pitch as everything around me recedes and I scream the bubbles to help them escape.

Normani's pov:

I run to the back of the shabby cabin, hearing Ally's scream in the distance. I squeeze my way in between officers, pushing to be beside Ally.

I reach her and hug her, trying to figure out what she's looking at. I follow her gaze out to the water and see a couple officers in the water, bubbles surfacing in front of them.

"I.. I saw her hair Mani. I saw her hair." I look to Ally and then back catching up to what is going on.

"H.. her hair went under the surface.. I.. I watched it be pulled under." I watch as an officer dives down, the other following then resurfacing quickly, rushing to the shore.

"Grab a towel. Quickly." Another officer runs off as this one goes back to join the other in the water. The first one resurfaces, but the other officer is in the way for me to see if he has anything.

The third officer comes back, Lauren and Dinah joining us on the beach, worried looks on their faces.

"Whats going on?" I look to Lauren, open my mouth, then close it. We hug each other as we watch the officers quickly near the shore.

Finally my line of vision is clear and I see Y/n's limp naked body in the first officer's hand. I take in a gasp and hide my face in Dinah's shoulder.

I look up to see they have her body on the ground with a towel over it, the officers performing CPR on her. I watch as they push on her frail figure. I look at her cheeks and see her cheek bones protruding, she hasn't been eating.

I turn to the cabin, my vision raking the scene for him. I ignore Dinah's grab and run to the cabin. He deserves to die. He deserves to be starved. He deserves to be hurt.

I push through the cops and run inside. I met with a disgusting smell, gagging I look around to try to find him. I see a wooden table and splintered chair in the middle of a small dark room. I make out frayed rope tied to parts of the worn out chair.

I continue to walk through the room, noticing stains surrounding the chair. The smell of the room mirroring that of a sewer. My stomach sinks as I see a dirty belt by the door, I see blotches of dots covering it by the metal buckle. I hope that isn't blood. I walk through to the next door, hearing footsteps behind me.

I turn to see Lauren with a furious look etched on her face; her fists clenched.

"I... need.. to punch... him." I walk to her as I hear the struggle in her voice. I pull her into a hug, pushing her head into my shoulder.

"It's okay. We're gunna fuck him up. We're gunna get him." I stroke her hair trying to calm her down along with myself. Footsteps are heard. I look to see an officer.

"We're taking Y/n to the hospital. Would you like to accompany?" Lauren pulls away and looks to the officer.

"Is she okay?"

"She's breathing. She puked up water and bile. Her eyes are slightly glazed, and she was unresponsive with talking. But she was shaking a ton."

I wipe the tear before it falls down my cheek and grab Lauren's hand.

"We'll come." The officer nods and motions for us to follow. He takes us outside and to the front. I look and see the officers pulling a struggling man to a cop car. Lauren follows my gaze and I feel her tense. I squeeze her hand to try and relax her, pulling her along with me to keep up with the officer.

He pulls us into the back of the ambulance where I see Dinah and Ally sitting by a table. Y/n's chest unsteady breathing filling the air.

"Please sit." I nod and take the last free seat, pulling Lauren on mine and Dinah's laps. I hug her tightly.

"We're with her. She's okay." I watch a nurse circle Y/n's bed, inspecting the IVs in her. Y/n would freak if she knew about the IVs or where we're going. I hear a small whimper and watch a small tear streak down Y/n's cheek.

She knows.