Chapter 22

Normani's pov:

We make it to the bus, I immediately go to grab the first aid kit. Ally goes to grab towels, and Lauren goes to get ice. The others go to the back of the bus.

I get to the back and notice Halle dropping a blue bag by the TV. I look at her questioningly and she points to Y/n. I get the message.

Ally comes in with the towels, Lauren right behind her. Halle doesn't hesitate as she takes a towel from Ally and walks over to Y/n.

"Y/nn... i need you to lie down and open your mouth." I look around confused. The rest of Fifth Harmony shared my look while Kardel and Jylie seem to understand.

I watch as Y/n lies down on the couch but doesn't open her mouth.

"I'm fine.. Hal.. honestly." I could hear the hurt in her whisper. She's trying to hide her pain but I can hear it.

"Y/n. Open you mouth." Y/n looks up at Halle and then looks down not making eye contact as she opens her mouth. Halle rolls up the towel so it looks like a short rope and puts it into Y/n's mouth.

Halle turns and makes eye contact with Jylie and me. I take the hint and follow Jylie to Y/n's hand. I hear shuffling behind me and Ally comes with the other towel, Lauren plopping the ice behind us on the table.

I watch as Lauren picks Y/n's head up and sits down with Y/n's head now on her lap. She looks down at Y/n and starts stroking her cheek to try to stop her shaking. Jylie comes over and starts whispering in Y/n's ear. I watch as what they do starts to relax her.

Dinah and Kardel slide onto the couch with Y/n on top of them. Dinah starts rubbing Y/n's tummy as Kardel does her leg.

We get to work on her hand. Ally whispers in mine and Halle's ears that they're may still be glass in her hand. As we start to clean Y/n starts fidgeting. I look at her and see her teary eyes, it shouldn't be hurting this much.

I signal for Halle and Ally to stop and feel around Y/n's hand as softly as I can. In 3 different spots Y/n flinched on swollen parts of her palm. I look to Ally and Halle.

"Glass."

Ally runs to go grab some tweezers, and Halle asks me to grab a bowl of water and some rubbing alcohol.

I go run to get it, and come back right behind Ally. I watch Halle as she helps the others try to relax Y/n. I can see her shaking from across the room.

Ally and I cross the room and start to get to work on her hand again.

Dinah's pov:

I watch a Y/n continues to shake. Every time that Halle gets the tweezers close to a swollen part, Y/n's shaking gets worse and she releases tiny squeals. I look at Lauren who is holding her hand over Y/n's mouth and the towel and giving Y/n kisses on her cheek to distract her.

She looks so fragile, I can't believe this is the same girl that beat those 3 boys to a pulp. It's amazing, like she turned into someone else when they wouldn't leave her friend alone. I watch Jylie also give Y/n some kisses on her cheek when she pauses from whispering in her ear.

I look down at Y/n's knuckles and see that they're all bruised and swollen. I poke one of her knuckles and her body jumps a little.

"Sorry sweetie.. sorry.. we're gunna need to ice your hands though." I look at her and see the tears in her eyes. She lightly shakes her head at me and I pat her shoulder while nodding my head.

She stops making eye contact and lays limp on my lap. She's so fragile.. but so strong.. I want to understand how.