PaW Dinner

I walked back to the kitchen with a smile on my face. He was not expecting me to go in there and tell him to stop his yelling and come eat. Poor Jiro's face. He looked so defeated and I knew they were talking about me. So this is probably my last night here, if the ass even lets me stay tonight. From what the boys were saying hes got a temper and is King Tut here... Well lets just say that he will learn soon enough that 'Hurricane Athena' IS The King. Well if I stay long enough that is.

I don't want to leave... and its not because of the money. I wouldn't have needed that much money if I was to stay here. Just some personal spending money and I would end up saving the rest. But I want to stay here with the boys... my boys...In just a few hours they have turned into family, and I would do anything for them.

After Warric had pulled Jiro aside I was mad about how he was treating everyone. No wonder they took to me so fast. I told them I would have words with him later about it but they all tried to convince me to let it drop. Gavvine started telling me things about him and Garrette joined in with Hackette putting a few words in also. Kennard had stormed off out the front door as soon as Jiro and Warric were out of sight.

I walked into the kitchen and all my boys were standing there with pans, plates, cups, and everything else that they though was needed for dinner waiting for my permission to head into the dining room. I looked at Oakley and laughed. "Oh honey... we don't need a baseball mitt for dinner."

He just smiled sheepishly at me and said "I thought we might need it"

I laughed when I told him "Well it was needed because it made me happy and laugh but we won't have any other use of it ... and this might be my last night with you all." By the end I had tears in my eyes when I felt arms wrap around me and turned to see Jiro hugging me. Then we were smooshed between Garrette and Gavvine. Then Hackette and Oakley. I felt a hand patting my head and knew it was Kennard putting his 'affection' in with the whole bunch.

I heard a growl from the doorway and a gruff "I thought we were gonna eat"

Everyone jumped away from me and grabbed their stuff and headed to the table. Oakley snatched up his baseball mitt and was going to the table when I stopped him with my hand on his arm. "Oak -  we really don't need the mitt bud."

"Oh, yea... forgot." then he giggled a little. "Oak?"

"Yea I like it." I told him.

His eyes lit up and a huge smile spread on his face. "Yea I do to. Thanks"

Plates were set and drinks were poured and I opened the pans to reveal my dinner. I was very proud of it, plus it was totally awesome. Chicken and steak fajitas with onion, pepper and homemade fresh salsa. Also there was fruit salsa with mango, kiwi, strawberries, and papaya. Mmmm and those go with the cinnamon tortillas I made.

Everyone dug in and there was happy chatter at the table. Jokes were made and stories were told. Overall it was a great dinner. Well except for a certain someone scowling at me the entire dinner. He hardly looked away. Geeze, I know he isnt happy about me being here but seriously... Creepo much? Staring is rude. I just pretended like I didn't even know he was glaring the daggers at me. Once dinner was done I asked Oakley and Hackette to take the dinner dishes into the kitchen and Kennard and Garrette to get the dessert from the freezer knowing that Gavvine would follow leaving just Warric, Jiro, and myself.

"I just want you to know that I really do love those boys... and that they are all great. Please treat them well. You have a beautiful home and that I am lucky to have spent time here. I am sorry that you feel I am invading. I was just doing the job that Jiro had given me. Would you like me out after dessert and cleanup? Or can I stay until tomorrow morning?" I barley stopped to breathe. Jiro looked shocked and horrified and Warric looked shocked and some other emotion I couldn't place.

Once he shook off his shock he mumbled "You can stay"

"thank you for letting me stay the night" I replied with a sad smile.

"No... youcanstaystay..." He said in a rush.

It took a second to comprehend what he said and when I did I jumped onto my chair with a squeal. "EEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP!"

The boys all ran back into the room with various objects in their hands. There was the living room lamp, a butter knife, and a spatula. At least one of the boys grabbed the meat tenderizing hammer. they were shouting things like 'what happened' and 'who is attacking'.

I yelled out "I get to STAY!!" and jumped into the closest boys arms who had a spatula. I looked up into Oakley's dark blue eyes and asked "Really Oak? A spatula?"

*****

This is a little longer... I am goig to try and post again today if not tomorrow. Thank you everyone.

Expect Unicorns and penguins.