iii.

CHAPTER THREE.
( GIANT SPACE LION )

Olive looked up at the rock formations distainly. She was at the back of the group, with Pidge and Hunk leading them into the desert. There wasn't much conversation, so Olive was left to her own thoughts.

She wondered what was going to happen next. What were they gonna do when they found this 'Voltron'? How were they going to keep it from these aliens? Were these aliens even real? The evidence pointed to yes, but Olive couldn't shake the fact that if there were such technologically advanced beings, how did it take so long for them to come to earth? Or find out that this  'Voltron' was here? She also wondered when she'd get a chance to shower next. She had thrown on her favorite shirt the previous day without washing it beforehand, not expecting to be caught in such a situation. She feared that she was starting to smell.

Olive was brought back to reality by Lance waving his hand in front of her face. "Hello? Earth to Olivia!" He shouted in her face. She grimaced and put her hand over his face, pushing him back a couple of feet.

"Don't call me Olivia." She grumbled, glaring at the lanky boy. She looked around, "Okay, you've got my attention. What is it?"

"We're here, stup -."

Hunk shushed them, "I'm getting a reading." He was hunched over his 'Voltron Geiger Counter', barely looking up from it's beeping screen.

He and Pidge stalked off in the direction of the beeping, leaving Keith, Shiro, Lance, and Olive to follow along like lost puppies until they stumbled upon a small cave opening. They walked in, and Olive instantly felt whatever 'energy' Keith was mentioning.

"What are these?" Shiro whispered.

The cave was dark, and completely covered in ancient drawings of a geometric looking animal. It resembled a lion, but it was much more angular. "These are the lion carvings I was telling you about. They're everywhere around here."

Olive paused, brushing off one of the lions in front of them. Lance did the same thing, but when he did it, all of the lions in the cave started glow. Olive took a step back, accidentally bumping into Keith. She mumbled an apology, but he instead chose to ignore it, silently shaking his head in response.