v.

CHAPTER FIVE.
( THE VOLTRON LIONS )

"Princess, you must eat. It's been ten thousand years!"

Coran had been trying to coax Princess Allura to eat something for about ten minutes now, but every time someone said something to try and help, she had the same response: "I'm not hungry."

Lance tried to reduce the tense atmosphere, "Man, 10,000 years? That's like one thousand plus ten."

"That's times ten." Keith said, not missing a beat to prove Lance wrong.

"Whatever, dropout."

"I haven't eaten since breakfast and I'm starving." Hunk chimed.

"Yeah, but you've thrown up, like, five times." Olive said, turning with a grin.

"Good point." He hummed, taking a handful of the green goop, shoving it in his mouth. Hunk made a disgusted face, but continued to eat. Olive moved over to him,

"Is it good?" She asked curiously. Hunk shrugged, offering her some. She took it cautiously. She gave it a sniff, before tentatively tasting it. She furrowed her eyebrows, looking up at Hunk. "What does this taste like?"

"Nothing?"

"I can't believe your civilization created such advanced technology 10,000 years ago. It must have been an incredible place." Shiro said with a sad smile on his face.

Coran frowned, reminiscing. "Yes, it was. But now it is gone and we're the last Alteans alive." He eyed a sad Allura, before she flung her arms around him, small sobs and gasps escaping her lips. Allura's ears twitched and she gasped, walking to where her sleep pod was still open. Inside, four mice happily scurried around. Allura smiled, "Looks like we're not the last after all."

The castle's alarms interrupted the tense situation, and a hologram of a ship popped up. "A Galra battleship has set its tracker to us!"

"How did they find us?!" Allura gasped in horror.

"I'm not sure, but I bet it's Keith's fault."

"Say whatever you've got to say to make yourself feel better after getting us stuck on the other side of a wormhole!"

Lance angrily got closer to Keith's face, "I'll stick you in a wormhole!" He yelled, raising his arms as a 'come at me' gesture.

Shiro shoved himself in between the two, "Stow it, cadets! This is no time to place blame, it's time to work as a team."