ix.

CHAPTER NINE.
( TEAM BONDING )

"Okay, check it now."

Olive grinned, pressing the button. "The sound system should work." She pressed another button before nodding at Allura, who began yelling into the mic.

"Everybody up! Zarkon's attacking! The Castle's about to be destroyed! Go, go, go! We need Voltron now!"

Olive grinned, moving beside the two Alteans, "Hurry! We're not gonna survive much longer!" Olive yelled, thoroughly enjoying herself. She imagined her friends scrambling through the halls in a panic, and she giggled to herself.

"You've got to sell it a little bit more." Coran said, taking the microphone. "Oh, no! Allura is dead! Olivia killed her! It's horrible! She cut the Princess' head right off! She was a spy for the Galra all along! Wait! What? Allura's severed head is trying to speak to me! What is it, Allura's head? What are your final words?" Olive grinned and waved as the Paladins - minus Lance - rushed into the room, all breathing heavily.

"Coran." Allura mumbled, a slightly annoyed look on her face.

"Oh, yes, Princess, I'm listening." Coran dramatically cried into the mic, not realizing that the Paladins had arrived.

"It's over." Olive laughed, entirely too perky for being up for so long.

"Shut your mouth, traitor!" He let out a bloodcurdling screech, "If only Voltron had been formed to stop you..." Coran actually looked like he was near tears, and Olive had to give him props for being so committed. Olive nudged him from where he was on the ground. He looked up, noticing the newcomers in the room, "Oh! Time!"

"I guess this isn't an actual attack." Shiro sighed, slumping his shoulders

"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you..." Allura paused, "Coran?"

Coran looked down at a small device in his hands. "Seventy-five degrees. Oh, sorry. No, this is a meat thermometer."

"However long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Look at you! Only Shiro is in uniform. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your Bayards? And where is Lance?"

Speak of the devil. Olive thought as the man in question entered the room in a bathrobe and a pair of slippers that resembled little blue lions.

He yawned, "Good morning, everybody. What's going on?"

"Coran, Olivia and I have been up for hours getting the Castle back in order. We had to run a test on the alarms, and we decided to test you as well. Guess which one failed."

"Hey!" Hunk yawned, "You got to sleep for ten thousand years, man. Monday night, I was on Earth. Now, I've flown through space, fought some evil alien named Zarkon, eaten goo in some weird Castle." He ticked off on his fingers as he listed the items, "That's a lot to process in, uh... I don't know. What day is today?"

"It's the third quintant of the Spicolian movement. Hump day!"

Hunk's shoulders drooped. "It's a lot to process."