Chapter Eleven

"SHOPPING!!!" Caitlin squealed as we pulled into the nearest mall. I gave her credit for trying to be her normal self. She didn't talk much on the way there but I think that is because I forced Nipel and her to sit in the back. Nipel, which I was surprised she agreed to come, was silent as she looked over the mall. "There's this new version of this play that I've been dying to see!"

"So the video store to rent it is a major place to stop." I laughed.

"Duh!" She said excitedly and popped out of the car before it even stopped. I'm guessing if it weren't for her werewolf side she would not have made that look so graceful.

"Is she always like this?" Nipel asked quietly.

"Pretty much." I said getting out of the car and running after Cat.

She was fast and I was still not in shape. I started my training session this morning and ugh I hated it! I don't mind a good work out but when they throw a fully trained she-wolf at you to see if you could fight, you get a but tired.

I found her heading for the video store and followed her. I stopped suddenly when I felt a gaze on me. I turned in a circle to see if someone I knew was here but I only say unfamiliar faces. Logan and Nipel caught up with me by then.

"What's wrong?" Nipel asked following my gaze.

"It's nothing. Thought I saw someone I knew." At least I hope that's what it was.

We found Caitlin in the movie rental store already checking out. She held up her movie with one of her cheesy grins before handing it off to the cashier. Well I can say that when it comes to musicals, she gets down to business. Next Nipel wanted to go to an antique store and look for things for her room back home. Caitlin didn't want to admit it but I could tell she was interested in seeing what they had too.

Logan and I split off and headed for the deserted end of the mall. He knocked twice on a boarded up door before it popped open. A man smoking a cigar popped out his head and smiled at Logan.

"Man, I was wondering when you'd be back again. AND you brought a little lady." The man's stare when blank before a broad smile replaced it. "Not just any little lady, but your little Luna. Welcome my dear, please come in!"

We entered and found we were in an old shop. Some of the lights didn't work but the others lit up enough for me to see that there were other people there. My nose caught a scent that felt familiar and I turned to see a man in his 30s looking at me.

"Logan what is this place?" I asked still looking at the man. He was so familiar. It was scaring me. I couldn't pull my eyes away.

"This is quite the little secret, little Luna. It's a place for in-betweeners. Werewolves whose packs have been destroyed. See people view those wolves as rogues but they aren't as long as they have not been kicked out by their Alphas and did not leave their packs they are still a pack. Even if it's a pack of one. This is a safe place for them where they can feel like they have a pack again and not be seen as rogues. Jeffery here," he patted a man's shoulders. "His pack was hunted down and slaughtered. And Brandon, over there, his pack became sick and he was one of the few lucky ones to survive. The saddest one of all is Tony's Another pack attacked his and killed everyone but him. They were a strong pack too. But they were betrayed. The Alpha and his family were murdered but their own family."

"What?" I turned to look at cigar man and waited for him to continue. After a moment he did.

"Rumor says it was his cousin who plotted it. He wanted to rule over the pack. So he challenged another alpha and won. And rules state that the losing wolf had to be killed."