Chapter Four -- Misread

You looked around to see if there was anything you recognized that could help you find your way back but you didn't have much luck. 'When in doubt, always go right!' You thought to yourself. It always got you where you needed to go so you started to walk down the hall to the right.

  The halls at this hour were dimly lit, you were light on your feet so you wouldn't get noticed, you didn't want people to know you were out this late. With each step you took there was a crack sound, barely audible. You still had no idea where you were, it was like a labyrinth, with each turn you took it seemed less and less recognizable. 'Ok, time to turn back.' You thought.

  You turned around and reached the end of the hall you walked down and looked around, 'Where did I come from again?' You sat against the wall in defeat and looked up. The wall was decorated with beautiful designs like the room you should be in right now. The roof was painted as if it were the night sky, the constellations were bold compared to the other stars.

  The Big Dipper, Orion, Ursa Major, and tons of other constellations you couldn't name, you jumped back as someone tapped you on the shoulder, "W-Who?" You suddenly felt relaxed as Andrews face became visible, "O-Oh, its just you." You chuckled nervously. He smiled and took a seat next to you, causing you to blush slightly.

  "Admiring the roof design I see." He smiled, "You know, the roof changes during the day, its just a normal red color, at night it shows the design." He looked softly into your eyes, the blue light from the moon contradicted his emerald eye color. You smiled at him.

  "Hey Andrew . . . there's something I need to tell you." You breathed in, "I . . ." There was the sound of a door slamming and Andrew quickly got up. His father approached him and he stood straight as a stick.

  "Son, what are you doing up at this hour?" He asked quietly, anger evident in his voice, Andrew looked down.

  "Our guest lost her way to her room," Andrew answered. His father looked over at you.

  "And what are you doing out of your room?" He huffed. You opened your mouth to answer him but Andrew grabbed your arm and started to walk away.

  "She was just admiring the house but lost track of time," He called back to his father. His father pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance and walked back to his room, slamming the door. As soon as he turned down a hallway to the left, dragging you along, he pushed you in a room, he shortly followed.

  You blushed hard as Andrew placed a gentle kiss on your lips, "Keep this between us," He whispered, he put a piece of paper and your pocket, smiling as he exited the room. You stood there and took it in, 'Oh my god! Andrew just kissed me!' You blushed even harder at the thought. You looked at the piece of paper he gave you, on the piece of paper were directions to Nichole's room.

  You exited the room and followed the directions and quietly entered the room, Nichole was asleep and the bed you slept in was covered in her cloths, like always. You sighed and sprawled on the bed, you took the tickets out of your pocket and read it over again, tomorrow, November 2 . . . You moved your thumb expecting the nd but what you saw surprised you, when you moved your finger over it showed November 23rd . . . thats less then a month away!

  You sighed in relief and put the tickets somewhere safe, eventually falling asleep. You were waken up by a huge thump, you opened your eyes to see Nichole had bumped into the side of your bed.

  "I'm so sorry!" She kept repeating. You saw she had a platter of food, "About that, its customary that we serve all guest breakfast in bed," She stated with a smile on her face. You smiled back.

  "Well I'm up now," You groaned as you sat up, "And quite apologizing, its alright," You said, "Oh yeah and about the tickets." You took them out and showed her the date, "They say the 23rd instead of the 2nd." She formed a thinking pose.

  "I should have read the tickets better." She suddenly snapped her fingers, "The 23rd is the day of the wedding!" As soon as she even said wedding your heart sank . . . your brain took a bit to process what she said.

  "W-Wait, the train leaves the day of the wedding?!" You shouted, you suddenly covered your mouth realizing you were to loud. "So you're telling me I don't have a chance . . ." You sighed and looked down, "I figured this was to much like a fantasy," You mumbled. Nichole knelt down and your eyes met hers.

  "I'll help you . . ." She smiled, "I don't want Diana as a step-sister anyways," She said sighing, "I feel like you are gonna be the one to break Andrews chains." She grabbed your hands, "I know you are, and I'm here every step of the way, together we'll set Andrew free!" She jumped up in excitement.

  You did the same, there was a ding, "And that's breakfast, follow me, I'm sorry I dropped your food by the way," She stated as she closed the door, locking it, "Andrew always gets in my room and messes with my stuff." She chuckled and continued to talk to you as you two made your way to the dining room.

  As you ate, you kept looking at Andrew, who was almost always talking with his father about something, sometimes speaking with Diana, 'I have 20 days to snap Andrew into reality.' You said to yourself as you looked at him, eating your food slowly so you didn't look like an idiot and miss your mouth . . . you felt something on your cheek and you wiped it off . . . mashed potato, that may be one area you will never change in.