Chapter Sixteen -- Ash Hanbridge

~~Andrews POV~~

  I looked at the photo on the ground, continuing to cry, not as much as before but it was still coming out uncontrollably. Then I remembered something, a room my father told me I should never enter.

  I stood up, my mind wasn't thinking about the punishment. I slowly walked out of the kitchen and into the winding halls. For some reason they seemed to be more disorientating then normal, I could be in the room right now but for some reason the halls never seemed to end. Was I seeing things?

  Suddenly I bumped into something and fell to the floor, I rubbed my head and looked up to see the door that led to the forbidden room. I clutched the door handle and twisted it, opening the door. At first glance the room looked normal, a desk and chair in the middle, bookshelves lined the sides and there was a huge window behind everything that revealed the forest outside.

  I looked around a bit, the bookshelves didn't have any abnormal books nor did any of them have any bookmarks, in fact all of them looked new. I turned to the desk in the middle of the room, walking over to it slowly. I noticed a lock on one of the drawers but decided to mess with it later. 

  There was a newspaper laid right on the middle of the desk, I read the first page, the date of the paper was 1990, the headlines talked about some mass killing, you turned through the pages and stopped at the one with Hanbridge plastered in big text.

'Lord Hanbridge marries Ash Greenfield'

 'Many are still surprised at the choice, why would Lord Hanbridge choose someone like her? Continue on B4'

  I shut the paper, not wanting to read anymore. I then looked at the lock, kneeling down to look at it better. I noticed it was one of those word locks, I thought for a moment then an idea popped in my head. I switched the letters around to spell the word money and pulled on the bottom half of the lock.

  To my surprise the lock popped open. I opened the drawer and noticed it was empty, "What the hell?" I asked myself. I looked around the whole thing and sighed, there didn't seem to be anything. I went to set the cabinet back in but cut myself on the wood causing me to drop it.

  Suddenly a bunch of things scattered across the floor, I looked at it and the bottom of the cabinet seemed to have broke off revealing all the items scattered across the floor. I looked through the things and suddenly stopped at a picture of a dead body, that of Ash, my mom.

  A newspaper article was attached to it. Three weeks after I was born Ash was murdered. 'The prime suspect is Arima Kagari, we're still looking into the case and will keep you updated on the latest news on this incident.' I set the paper down and sat there for a minute, thinking to myself.

  "Well well well, what do we have here?" A familiar voice asked.

  "Shut up you damn liar," I said through gritted teeth. He gave a look of anger.

  "What did you just say?" He seemed a bit aggressive, I stood up and shoved him against the wall, our faces inches apart.

  "You heard what I said, you lied to me about . . . everything, for a wedding I don't even want to participate in!" I had tears forming in my eyes, "I used to respect you because I thought you'd actually love me but . . . you know how I really feel? I couldn't care less if you choked on that oh holly steak of yours and died." I let go of him and walked off.

  "Son, where are you going?!" He started to walk after me, "Get back here this instant!"

  I turned around and socked him in the nose, "Why should I listen to you?! It's not like you ever cared about me." I continued to walk off. As I walked out I grabbed my coat, then slamming the door behind me.

  I looked at my phone to see a text from Diana, 'Meet me at the park, it's important.' I sighed and stuck my phone back in my pocket, changing my direction to go to the park.

~~Your POV~~

  You woke up at the sound of the train's whistle, you got out and breathed in deeply, the air was way fresher. There wasn't much, the grass was a brilliant yellow and at the top of a hill stood a tree, you smiled and sat down on one of the benches for a minute. You thought to yourself, thought about opening a cafe, or coffee shop of some kind, one that serves everyone, runaways, elderly, travelers, story tellers.

  You smiled at the idea, soon you got up and picked your bags up, walking up to the top of the hill, just beyond it was an old abandoned church, one that you would be staying in. You arrived at the top of the hill and marveled at the view, it was plains for miles and miles, the only things that stood out was the road.

  You walked down the hill and made your way to the church, taking your time as you looked at the surroundings. You finally arrived at the building and stood at the door, you breathed in and clutched the handle tightly, pushing on the door causing it to open with a loud creak. 

  Dust flew in your face causing you to cough. You slowly walked into the empty building, some of the stained glass was intact, as were some of the benches and the podium. 'This is home.' You thought to yourself as you dropped your bags causing an echo, you sighed and sat down.

  "Home . . ." You said quietly.