Fear and Movies

Time skip 6pm the following day. Dawn and Paul won their first battle and gained perfect scores in all 3 of the categories. They are now relaxing in the lobby of the Pokemon Center waiting for nurse Joy to bring them their Pokemon.
"Why hello there Dawn."
Out of nowhere Conway snuck up on dawn and was sitting in the chair next to her. "You sure looked good out there today. Your Pokemon didn't look too bad either. But I'd expect a beautiful trainer like you to have beautiful Pokemon putting on a beautiful show. Waiting on your Glaceon are you? Well I'll just join you and wait. So what are you reading?"
Conway put his arm around dawn and Paul noticed that she looked absolutely terrified.
He felt anger start boiling inside himself although he wasn't sure why. All he knew is he didn't like the way dawn looked when Conway was around. He decided he needed to get rid of him and fast; dawn was damn near hyperventilating trying to keep from passing out in fear.
"Get lost looser. You're giving me a headache." Paul said to Conway.
"Oh I'm sorry I'll be quiet." Conway answered slyly.
"I said get the fuck out of here!" Paul said with venom dripping from his words. He stood up and got right in Conway's fave. Paul grabbed him by the shirt collar and threw him on the floor.
"Leave." Pail said bluntly.
"Ok ok ok...no need to get pushy." Conway said angerly as he got up and walked away.
Paul looked over at dawn and saw that she was still shaking. He noticed silent tears falling from her eyes as well. He grabbed her wrist and led her up to the room.
"Take a shower and get ready for bed. I'll go get the Pokemon. Choose a movie and we'll watch it, you need to calm down. You're useless to me in this condition and we need to train tomorrow."
Dawn silently nodded and headed straight for the bathroom.
Paul shook his head in confusion and headed back to the lobby, double checking that the room was locked. He didnt want another Conway incident tonight. He walked up to nurse joys counter and retrieved his Pokemon.
"Nurse Joy, with respect I request my partners Glaceon as well. She's not feeling well so I told her I'd get her Pokemon for her."
"How kind of you. You know, I hardly see any teammates looking out for one another so far. Its nice to know some of you are taking the term partner seriously. So what is wrong with your partner?"
Paul contemplated what to say.
"Another trainer said something that upset her. I told her to shower and relax and am now going to watch a movie with her until she falls asleep."
"That is the sweetest thing I've heard all week! Men like you are a rare breed. It's nice to know she has a young man like yourself looking out for her. You must be very good friends."
"Not particularly no. I've met her in the past so she's not a stranger. We think alike when it comes to winning and we get along well enough to work together. I just need her to be at her best so she needs to calm down. Movies calm her down so that's why I offered."
"Hmmmmm, I feel like there's more to it than that bit I'll leave it alone." Nurse Joy said with a wink. "Here take this." She handed Paul a basket full of movie snacks and cokes, an oversized snuggle blanket, and an assortment of scary/chick flick movies.
"Thank you." Paul said and bowed in respect. He took the basket and headed back to the room.

In the corner Brock had been watching Paul and nurse joys encounter. He chuckled to himself as he realized he was watching Paul begin to realize his feelings for his friend that he had grown to love as a sister.
He followed Paul up the stairs and stopped him before he entered his room.
"Hey paul can I talk to you?"
"What?"
"Listen, I know you and i aren't exactly friends, but you have to understand dawn is like a sister to me. She has had some unspeakable things happen to her in the last few years. I'm sure you've noticed her personality is no where near as happy go lucky as it used to be. She's broken Paul. She's vonerable right now. Don't do or say anything you dont mean because she's hanging on by a thread right now. Don't make me have to hurt you Paul."
Brock sounded absolutely terrifying with his last sentence, but Paul didn't let it phase him.
"I don't know what you're talking about. But I can promise you, I won't do anything to her. I have to go now, dawn is waiting for her Glaceon."
"Here. It's her favorite." Brock handed Paul 6 white roses with a blue and purple ribbon tied to it. "It'll make her feel better...tell her it's from you."
"How much did this cost?"
"$25"
Paul pulled out his wallet and reimbursed Brock for the flowers.
"Now I can say it's from me. Thank you." Paul bowed to Brock (he showed him respect because of the age difference and the fact that brocknis a breeder) and headed to his room where he knew dawn was waiting for him.