Chapter 5

I went home and told my parents about Harrison.

I noticed something strange today that suddenly struck my mind. When I came home, I found Marie missing.

I asked my mom,"Mom, where is Marie?"

"I don't know. He must be sleeping near the car."

"When I came in, he wasn't there."

"Go check once again."

I ran near my car and found that the hook was detached and my dog is missing. I ran out on the road and I found no sign of it.

I walked a little further and found some footsteps which apparently seemed to be a dog's. I think it's Marie's footsteps.

I started following them and it led me to the next road. Then, there was not much sand on the sides of their road resulting into no footsteps. I just continued walking straight. I couldn't find it anywhere.

I went to the next to next road and started searching. I was already exhausted and also frightened. I didn't know what to do until I came across a bungalow.

I realised that it was the bungalow Marie was barking at before. I went in to check it out.

The house felt so old and I guess no one has entered it for years. It's pretty obvious I can't sneak into the home so I went around in the backyard.

There it was, my dog sitting and barking. I ran to it and found that it was quite injured.

It had few scratches on its back. I think some dog bit it. I also noticed another thing about the bungalow. It had a board which said No.159.

I just took it home and cleaned it up with soap water. It never stopped barking. It looked so ferocious. It gives looks at me like its seeing me for the first time. It acted so weird.

My mom said he'd be okay. But I was very much concerned about it. It kept barking that whole night.

Next day morning, I came to school and told James about it. He didn't care much about it. He said that my dog lost its memory by fighting to some strong dog. But the way Ray acted to the situation today was not very well.

I said,"Yesterday, my dog was missing and I found it in a bungalow. It had scratches and was very ferocious."

"Oh yeah! He just escaped."
"What?"I asked confounded.

"Oh sorry. I didn't explain it though. I said that he escaped from the other dog."

"Oh okay."

And then he went away. I felt too weird about it. The way he said 'he just escaped' was like saying 'You escaped now, but next time I will certainly kill you'. It was certainly in that manner.
I then planned to spy on him from now on. He can't be acting this weird.

                                                                                        CHAPTER 6 UPDATED