Chapter 11

Well, finally. I was really freaked out.

Ray told,"Welcome to my home. My grandmother is sleeping. Let me take you to my room."

"How are you feeling now?"I asked.

"Well, somewhat better. Especially, after seeing you both."

And then, when we were walking, I saw photos. It's of a couple holding a baby. In the next one, the baby is a little more older and it had the caption that said 'Ray' and it was written 1975.

Wait. God! Oh my God. I am freaking out. I saw these same photos in my dream that day.

I am really freaking out now. I didn't say anything. I just looked at the photos and was silent. James didn't say much too. He just said Ray that the photos were nice while I was silent.

Then, we started to climb the stairs when something flashed onto my mind. In my dream, the fifth stair broke and I was trapped.

Now, I had made a plan. I am avoiding the fifth stair. Well, I didn't say James because if I did, Ray would feel a bit weird. And then, while climbing, I did avoid them.

But there was this cracking sound. I was so scared and I looked down. My legs were safe. Rays too were. But not James. His legs were stuck the way it was for me in my dream.

I turned and started pulling him up. Thankfully, nothing happened. Just a little bleeding on his foot. Ray then took us to our room.

He also put James some ointment and gave band aids. Well then, the room didn't look much fancy. Just a little bit posters of some celebrities.

Must be from the 90s. He also has some old dirty bed which smells bad. I wonder how he sleeps there all night.

Then, I asked Ray if I could see his grandmother but he said no because she doesn't like guests coming into her room. What a weird reason that was.

I was pretty sure he was lying about that. I could say that from his stammers.

But why? Why should he lie to us? What is the reason? There must be something.

I asked "Don't you have TV in your home?"

"I ain't interested in watching programmes and movies."

"What, really?" said James.

In this generation, there is some one who does not watch TV or have any electronic gadgets.

Then what does he do in his home? Just sleep and study and eat. I have never seen Ray play on this road.

So, I am pretty sure he does not go to play too. There is something wrong. How could a boy possibly live like this?

Knock! Knock! There was a knock on the door.

Guys! Did you like my chapter? Pls comment. And don't forget to vote.
I am really sorry for not uploading the chapter for many days.

                                                              Chapter 12 Updated