Chapter 26: Clever Alpha

• Dedicated to To All Of My Readers

 Chapter 26: Clever Alpha

_________________

Taszer laughed at a joke that John said from within the kitchen. I dared not to go that way and instead slipped out through the backdoor. The trees swished from the left to the right, the wind picked up its pace and brought a chill to my bones, no that wasn't the reason why. A few tears welded in my eyes and screamed to spill at seeing him, my not forgotten enemy waiting for me, and casually leaning against one of the trees. How could I see him? He is flickering a light. Knowing the dredful meaning I turned myself back around and went back inside.

Time's up.

Maybe if I just.."It's too late, Kemie". I awoke gasping for air and checked my surroundings to see Taszer curled into my side and shirtless. Trembling I walked to the window and winced at seeing the same guy in the shadows come out from it twirling an axe as if it was casual to play with such weapon so fearlessly. This odd sense, not of defeat, but somethig more than that brang me to quickly changing and sneaking out of the house. I knew that this was a do or die situation. Can someone tell me why I never grabbed a weapon or a knife from the kitchen to defend myself?

The fool was scrolling through his phone, to him it is a game, and great thing he never saw me coming from his side. Fearlessly I tackled him onto the ground. They two of us went flying and rolling down the long steep hill that led--"Crack!" White exploded in front of my eyes through the darkness and his lack of response brought a smile to my lips.

I don't know how I did it. But I managed to make my way back to John's pack house before I stumbled into the kitchen and chose to not care for the numb feeling dancing down my arms, legs, stomach, and spine. I giggled and swayed before I slumped onto the chair and saw red paint falling onto the table, it reminded me of ketchup. "Hmm...Ketchup", I mumbled before getting back up.

"Kemie", Charles groggily asked. I glanced up to see two of him and snickered. "Why's theres...hmmm...." He laughed and shook his head before he walked over to me and picked up a half empty bottle of vodka. Huh. Where'd that come from?

"Kem. I never knew that you drank?", he sighed softly with a smile on his face.

I pointed to the ketchup bottle in front of me and out of reach. "You got it all over you cause you drank way too much". He picked me up by my arms and I stumbled onto my feet.

"Let's go wash your hair and put you back to bed". The last thing I recall is him bringing me to the white room.

The darkness faded and I was introduced to incredible warmth and a light growl. "Sorry..he was...yeah I'll leave you two", mumbled Charles, before I could no longer hear him. I felt Taszer kiss my neck before I dove back into the abyss and awoke alone. An urge that cannot be fixed itched to come out and it brought me to finding a pair of Taszer's clothes and a towel before I slipped into the shower, showered got dressed, and leaving through my lover's window before I entered the forest as it was calling me.