Chapter 10: Sweet Memories

A/N: Thanks so much for reading! Please remember, I write FANTASY not documentaries. Suspend reality for a moment and please enjoy!

I smile as I think back on our very non-Hollywood wedding, which most of the planet will never know about. He was filming Dinner with Herve in London and I was preparing to go to Tybee Island, GA to film Peanut Butter Falcon. As much as he tells me to stay off social media, I just can't help myself. And the thing that always drives me crazy is seeing him wearing that damn fake wedding ring. I don't know why, but it is my fucking kryptonite. I hate it.

We're talking late one night after some new fan pix of him surfaced and he sighs as he reminds me, "Part of the communication plan, baby. I'm sorry. I have to wear a ring through the premiere."

I pause. "You have to wear A ring. Can you wear MY ring? Can we just get married already and you can wear MY ring? Nobody will know, but I will and it will make me so happy. Please?"

He sighs, "Baby, I'd happily wear your ring, but I think your family is excited about the prospect of a big wedding. I don't want to have to hide from your Dad if I deprive him of the chance to walk you down the aisle."

My brain is whirling at this point. "Jamie, get real. My family is the least conventional family you'll ever meet. They just want me happy. They'll deal with whatever we do. Maybe we can elope and then have a really big glitzy reception after the Freed premiere when we can be public?"

He pauses, "I kind of wanted to see you in a white gown coming down the aisle."

"Yeah, well you already saw that while we were filming. Do you want that bad enough to wait?"

"Would Alessandro ever forgive you? I'm sure he has his heart set on designing your gown."

"Baby, this is about you and me. Not my family. Not Alessandro. Nobody else. You and me."

"Then let's get married."

"Really? You'd do that? Elope?"

He laughs, "Sweetheart, we're already married in all the ways that count. If it will make you happy for me to wear your ring, then let's get this done. The sooner the better. I want to make it official just as badly as you do."

I can't help but squeal, "YAY! So where? Can you come here? I don't think anyone in Georgia gives two hoots about us."

He hesitates, "Well, we could, but I think people are watching for me to come there. Maybe we meet somewhere? Maybe somewhere out of the US? Hold on...."

I hear him clicking keys, "We could go to St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands. We have to file online 8 days in advance, but as long as we show up with photo IDs, we're good to go. How do you feel about an island justice of the peace?"

I laugh with glee, "As long as it's legal, I'm good with it! When? When can we do this?"

He clicks some more keys, "Well, I can file online today. Can you get away next weekend? We could do it then. Are you sure you don't want to talk to your parents first?"

"Nope. This is me and you. You file and I'll find us a place to stay. Can you come in on Friday or do we need to arrive on Saturday?"

"Let me check my schedule and flights from London and I'll let you know. Baby, I can't wait to marry you, you know that, but I want to make sure you don't look back ten years from now and regret that you didn't have the big do."

"You know me better than that. I'm not about big dos. I do want a big party when we can be official, but for now, I just want you to be my husband and I want to be your wife. I don't care if nobody else knows, but we'll know. I just want you."