Chapter Twenty One- The Wedding March

Thomas's Pov

The heavy feeling returned, the feeling that something was bound to happen and what was pending was rather negative. Why I felt this way was something I wondered as there was no explanation, I just felt this way. I spent years taking missions with various risks aligned yet this was the very first time I felt nervous and fearful.

I was on my to the area guards occupied when small hands pulled me elsewhere. What on earth or Geotophia rather?!

My eyes widened when darkness surrounded me and as if on instinct I grabbed the smaller figure placing my gun to its head. Based on the size of the figure I could tell that this was a woman.

"Relax Carter its me...Myers" the voice stated as she shun her phone light on her face and I studied her face for a short while. She removed her hair pin so her hair could fall comfortably on her shoulders and back, eyes firm as she was now the one to have me observed.

"See" she remarked and I hissed a curse before placing my gun to my hip before taking small steps back. She was just seconds away from receiving a bullet to the head.

"Didn't I train you better Myers, I could have shot your f**king head off" I whisper yelled and she adjusted her hair as she glared at me.

"You do that and I would have shot your balls off...sir" she hissed and I eyed her outfit, she was dressed as a attendant of the wedding. Hence she was pretending I to be one of the persons invited.

The question was what was done to get the invite?

"Where's the victim of identity thief ?" I asked and she smiled. Please tell me she did not murder this woman.

"Let's just say she's in good hands" she stated as she shun the light to a corner of the room only to reveal an unconscious blonde being embraced by a metallic knight armor. Her mouth covered in duck tape and ropes bounding her arm before her.

I smiled.

"Well done Myers, where is Rox? " I asked and she looked to me. It was as though my question was expected.

"He's prepared for a sniper shooter, he's pretending to be a photographer" she stated.

"Okay, let's move we have a killer to catch" I stated and she nodded as I went out first heading for my position next to the other guards .

******

When I had assembled next to the other guards, I listened to their consistent chatter about the princess and the prince. I could not help but to think of their Princess as a friend firecracker soldier. Latoyia was the side to her that was strange to me yet to this world, Turanna was the side that was nonexistent.

The men continued to speak by comparing the wealth of the bride and groom. Latoyia was far wealthier and most importantly her kingdom had won multiple wars with few alliances. It was an interesting fact to learn but it would also explain her sword tactics.

"If you ask me the bastard doesn't deserve her" one man mumbled while I stared at nothing. The prince was spoken of in a ill pattern, his face being the only good thing about his character.

Apparently this was a big wedding for everyone and of great importance. By observation it seem quite evident that only a few we're excited while the majority were disappointed.

However what they spoke of was irrelevant as my aim was to catch the assassin, not meddle in the princess's love affair. The purpose of arranging marriages was simply to teach the partners to love. Latoyia was an extraordinary woman and I knew she could find perfection in just about anything.

No matter how strong the feelings I possessed for her were they had to be underplayed if what I aim for was to be done right.

"Everyone please settle down and welcome our very own princess and the beautiful bride Latoyia Tayle" a elderly woman stated and the crowd moved with excitement as they await the bride.

The music began, the wedding march being played and when the bride made her entrance everyone stared in awe some even cheered. As she walked sadness was evident in her eyes and there was no doubt she didn't want this. It could clearly be seen that there was somewhere else she would rather be...with someone else rather.

No, focus Thomas, you are here to complete a mission.

"Where is her father?" I asked as I could not help but notice that she walked alone. Wasn't it traditional here too that her father walked her down the aisle?

"Her father is dead rookie" a solider remarked and I felt as though I should have kept my mouth shut. My eyes moved to Loya who gave a forced smile as she approached the prince and he took her small hands in his.

My ears buzzed and I flinched slightly as I accepted the communication link I was receiving. I moved to somewhere a bit more private.

"Carter, look above you, to your right" came Duncan's voice and I did what I was told spotting his figure.

"Are the snippers taken care of?" I asked.

"Yes boss, but I don't think they are alone. The last one reported that we are here, the move will come from down there" he informed me.

"Understood, inform Myers" I told him before cutting the link. I looked to Myers who resided in the crowd and she gave a small nod. However, someone else caught my eyes, a blonde who had her camera up. To the naive it would seem as though she was awaiting the right moment to snap a picture.

However what her finger curled around was a trigger, she was waiting to snatch someone's life. She was going to kill the princess.

Acting on only instinct I ran towards the altar as soon as I turned around to face the shooter, a shot was fired...

I'm so filled with emotions just now, I'm angry and sad :( this chapter got erase so I had to rewrite the whole thing :( Also that delayed today's update to another day.

Sigh

Vote and comment please 😊😊😊