Chapter Ten- Determination

Turanna's Pov

"Get your muted F**k off me! " I yelled as I turned my head to the side as the creature tried to bite me. The odour which erupted from the creatures mouth was quite fowl. My nose, lips and eyes felt as if they went inward and there were moments in which I felt like I was unable to breathe.

The beast actually smelled like dead flesh.

Sending a shiver throughout me came a loud gunshot, the creature's blood falling onto me. My body stilled for a matter of seconds as I stared at the ceiling. My lungs and bones were crushed, my body struggling against the creature's dead weight.

"Nasty! " I groaned as I shoved it's remains from my body, rolling onto my stomach to look up at captain Carter in all his glory. I then looked around for other soldiers and when I saw none I looked back him.

You've got to be f**king kidding me!!! Thomas only? What was he, the one man army?

"You are the back up? One man will make this all better? " I asked as he reached a hand towards me, helping me to my feet. His face showed disapproval for my utterance but I regretted nothing.

"You are quite welcome Madison. We are short on soldiers so be appreciative that at least one man came" he stated sarcastically as he fired at the lizard who was squeezing the hell out of Sushana with it's huge claws.

She spat blood when the creature released her and just as Rox was about to Carter caught her bridal style. Rox was good at masking his feelings but I could tell that he was somewhat worried about the blond.

"Duncan, hold that thing off until I can get these two somewhere safe" Carter stated and Rox nodded, collecting the pump rifle his leader threw at him.

Well would you look at that, Sush and I were now his damsel in distress.

"As you command sir" he replied as he fired at the creature.

"Follow my lead Madison and cover my a** if necessary " he stated and I dropped the iron pipe removing my guns. His a** was really the very last thing I would wish to cover.

He had a rather nice one but his attitude was the Brewster turn off in trying to cover it.

"Yes sir" I stated as I followed my leader as if shielding him was a great honour . In no time we were in a room that was monster free and in my opinion reasonable as previous rooms we entered were awful.

In this room we could actually breathe... You know inhale and exhale... Not stifle ourselves by covering our noses and stopping our breaths. Yes, it was pleasing because the bloodstains were minor and the bodies were incredibly few.

"Take care of her until we get back" he stated as he placed Sushana on a metallic bed and I nod.

"Wait, where... Where is... " and the she fell unconscious before asking were her lover was and I felt a lump in my throat. Somehow I knew my commander was going back to be be disappointed... Rox was not there anymore.

I knew it. I mean I could very much feel it.

"He's dead isn't he... " I stated as my voice cracked and Carter didn't reply but when I saw that my commander was still venturing out there I became selfish. I gripped his arm.

"Don't go out there " I begged as his blue eyes stared down at my watery green ones. His death was right outside that door and we both knew it.

"I have a soldier whom I intend not to leave out there Turanna... You can't possibly ask me to turn my back on a comrade Turanna " he stated and I held back my tears.

"And what are we to do if you fail to return sir?" I asked in the strongest voice I could muster, my eyes avoiding his.

" You sit here with Myers and await the other solders I've requested... Don't you dare come after me" he commanded and I opened my mouth to speak but he prevented me from doing so by kissing me roughly.

I was stunned but I protested in no way.

He cupped my face possessively, sucking the life out of me with each movement his tongue made inside my mouth. My lips begged more as I moved into him, not wanting to ever release him. The kiss slowed however and we both knew it was coming to an end...

I began sobbing, my hands clawing his biceps as he pulled away from me. How could I have grown somewhat attached to a man I barely knew?

"No buts Madison... I gave you an order! " he stated and I nod silently as he walked out the room without looking back at me.

******

So thanks to having a little knowledge of the the great first aid I was able to tend to Sushana. However, even though I hoped she would she didn't gain consciousness leaving me alone with my thoughts. It had been an hour since Thomas left and I was begging to feel dead.

"We are gonna get out of this sh*thole... We always do" I spoke to unconscious Sushana.

"And you know what... I think Rox is gonna be okay. Hmm... They both will return to us" I stated as I squeezed my friend's hand.

" Please tell me those two didn't venture out there alone?"

"Yes , you know how hard headed Carter is" I replied... Wait replied? I didn't ask that question... Or did I?

First rule of a person in an unsound mind is to answer one's self.

"Fuck, it's been only an hour and I am already going nuts" I cried in disbelief as I glared at the ceiling.

"Rana it's only me" I then looked to Sushana who now sat up with tears in her eyes. She profiled pain on her face as she held her stomach.

"Where are they? " she asked and I began crying instead of replying. This was not the time to be emotional yet I could not help it.

"I tried to... I really did but Carter insisted " I cried and her eyes released her tears.

"What? How could they be so foolish! " she yelled as she clenched her fist and I broke down completely.

Did they see the size of that thing? There was no coming back and we all knew it.

"I should have... " she then held my shoulder, scooting next to me as we both cried our eyes out. I believe we weren't women first and soldiers later.

Was this it? Was this truly it?

Is this truly it guys?

Vote and comment please;)