Chapter Eleven- Where Is Duncan?

Turanna's Pov

As soon as the door clicked Sushana and I turned to see that Carter had entered. No one followed him as we both expected, his attire was lined in dust while his face remained strict. I tried searching his eyes but my attempt to do so failed tremendously, he would cast his gaze elsewhere and I believe this was done on purpose. He knew we were staring at him with hopes of answers because his entire body language expressed this.

Carter could not bare to look at either of us, his hands trying desperately to remove the dust that stained his attire.

Sushana and I exchanged glances as a pregnant silence made us her cravings.

"Where is Duncan? " I asked as Thomas came closer sitting on the floor with dust covering his slick black gloves. His face was always strict but this was beyond that. He bared bad news and I knew it.

"When I got there the walls were caved in. There is no telling if Duncan made it or not" he stated and Sushana began sobbing again, her sobs laced with despair. I felt a thick lump made its way to my throat immediately.

To know that there is a possibility that we lost a team member today was quite heartbreaking. Well he was a team member to Carter and I. To the sobbing blond he was a lover, now that was beyond heartbreaking.

"No, this can't be happening. We didn't come down here to die, I fail to accept this! " I hissed as I grabbed my guns and Thomas rose to his feet immediately.

I was rather selfish before when I begged for my commander not to return to Duncan but now I felt selfless. It would not be fair to leave a teammate behind whether or not the walls were caved in without a body their is no closure. For the Sushana's sake I aimed to retrieve that.

"And where are you venturing to? " he asked and I clenched my fist. I tried to shrug free but the man was as stiff as a statue and hard as a rock.

"Rox is still out there and whether or not I gain your permission I'm going after him. Since when are we a bunch of cowards?! I thought you would never leave your comrades behind! " I yelled but it was not intentional. I had an internal turmoil that I could not quite explain.

"Even if Roxwell is on the other side we cannot get to him Turanna. The F**king walls caved in! Can you walk throughout walls? " he yelled and fire rose to my throat.

"There must be another way around commander! " I yelled and he grabbed my wrist forcing me to release the gun I held.

"Have you seen the size of this place? Have you forgetter what is roaming out there. What you speak of is... "

"Enough! " we then turned to Sushana who's eyes were terrifyingly wide and her fist clench. Her eyes were red and watery, her face slightly red.

"I've had enough of you two hissing at each other! I am afraid that constant yelling will not bring Duncan back nor will it keep any of us sane" she fumed and I looked to the floor.

"I wanted to give you closure" I explained and the crying blond gave a sad glare. Before she could speak there was an additional voice that had her eyes wide and her lips parted.

"Wow, well now I see what the team would be like without me in it" we then gazed at the vent above us while Rox took the time to smirk. The heaviness that once rested on my chest vanished immediately.

"Duncan!" I exclaimed as he made his way from the vent by kicking its cover free. He landed on his feet and Sushana was the first to express that she was elated for his return.

"Roxwell! " Sushana cried as they shared quite a long embrace, his hand stroking her back gently. Carter cleared his throat and they parted instantly. I bit my tongue trying not to laugh at the pair and their oblivious commander.

"Now the issue at hand. We will be here for a few days, probably months due to poor reception. So odd for me to gain an explanation as to why I was hearing so much static when I spoke to Duncan before coming here." Carter began as he took a seat on the metallic counter.

"So in short we'll have to survive long enough until we are rescued because we won't be able to make any calls?" Sushana asked and he glanced at her before giving a firm nod.

"I do hope we are able to find a good water supply and food since it has been only two months since this place was closed down. Some of the workers lived here so we should find food that has a decent expiry date" Rox stated and Sushana made a face.

"Well it does not seem like the facility suffers a two month closer because this looks like the next best thing to hell. Are you guys sure it hasn't been two years? The next question is how could people live much less eat in this dump? Even if we do find food I ain't eating that sh*t" she remarked.

"Suit yourself Myers, if you refuse to survive your death is not my concern" Carter stated as he removed his gun.

"Now split up and search the rooms connected to this one. If you meet up on anything yell for help" he ordered and we all nod going our separate ways.

"If you meet up on anything yell for help" I mimicked as I kicked a door opened pointing my gun as soon as I entered.

Water lined the floor and the smell wasn't pleasant but I was able to breathe. I then looked to see that this was actually a shower room for with numerous showers in the same room.

The image of the four of us showering before each other then crossed my mind and I cringed.

"Now that's just nasty! These people are beyond sick" I mumbled as I took another step on to freeze when a huge clump of blood fell from the ceiling. I swallowed as I took a step back.

Above me was a huge black widow spider and when I said huge I meant F**king huge! I screamed.

"Madison what is it?!" Duncan asked as he ran in the room almost sliding in the process. He was quick to hold onto sturdy objects in order to steady his feet while I stared like a fish before a shark.

"There is a spider in here! " I exclaimed as I tried to push past him but the idiot held onto me instead.

"Are you serious right now... A spider Turanna... Where is the darn thing so I can kill it? " he asked and I tilt his chin upwards instead of replying.

"Holy mother of spider webs... Carterrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!" he exclaimed as we both backed the hell out of the room.

Well another chapter published. How was that one guys? Also feel free to visit my profile or pm me any time;), I enjoy making friends and hearings your feedbacks;)

Vote and comment please don't be a silent reader people :)