Chapter 1

"Maddy! It's time to go you don't want to be late on your last day!" My mom called from the bottom of the stairs. I fixed my hair and fixed my shirt. I got my back pack that was on my chair. I looked out my balcony to my ex bestfriends balcony. I haven't seen him since he left. My eyes got watery thinking about all the memories we had. I quickly pulled myself together.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry over it again. I rushed downstairs.
"Here I made you breakfast." She said kissing the top of my head and rushed out the door. I finished my breakfast and grabbed my stuff and walked out to my car. I turned on the radio to listen to some music.
"The New Boy Band of the Summer Why Don't We is having a concert here in Vancouver on Saturday and we have 2 more tickets for a lucky winner" I quickly turned off the radio and sat in silence until I got to school.

I walked inside the halls of school. This is the last time I'll have to come here and I'm so ready to leave. After school I'm going to be moving to LA to focus on my music career.

"Hey girl" my friend Ariana came up to me.
"Hey Ari" i said while closing my locker.
"Are you ready for our last summer!" She said very excitedly.
"Yes! I can't wait" I said

We talked for a little bit until the bell rung. We both walked to our first period class. We sat down at our seats and got ready for the last day of school lectures. Our English teacher made us stand up infront of the class and say what we had In mind to do after we finished school.
"Madison, why don't you tell us your plans" our teacher called
"I'm planning on moving to LA and focusing on my music career" I said
"You'll never be as successful as your little 'friend' Daniel" Addison said laughing. She's the school slut and everybody loves her.

After Daniel left she had always used him as an insult. How he's better than me, how he forgot about me, how he never cared about me and etc.

After what she said I sat back down in my seat. I opened my journal and started doodling. I always do this when I want an escape and Daniel was the only person who knew.

The bell rung and we were off to our next period.

*Time skip*
I finally got back home and I went up to my room. I threw my book bag across the room and threw myself on my bed. I went on social media and everyone posted their last day of school pictures like everyone does.

I heard my mom walk through the door.
"Maddy come down here!" She called. I ran down the stairs to see her in the kitchen.
"Yes ma'am" I said.
"Tomorrow we will be having company over so I need you to clean the house while I'm gone and when I come back from work we have to start cooking" she said
"Alright" I didn't bother asking who was coming over as it was probably her friends from work like always.

I go back up to my room and decides to watch some YouTube.

After hours of watching vloggers and random recommended videos it started to get dark. I grabbed my guitar and sat out on my balcony. Not noticing I started to string Daniel and I's favorite song.

I met this girl when I was three years old

We were holding hands tight so I'm told

And it felt like an eternity

Said it felt like an eternity

'Cause I knew back then we were more than friends

Two sides story it all depends

And I'll say it once, and I'll say it again

It'll only end up hurting me

"You miss him don't you" I turned around to see my mother in my door way.
"Yea" is all I said
"He cares for you, more than anyone, well not me of course but you know what I mean" she said coming closer
"It doesn't seem that way"
"You guys have been friends for years, since you guys were in diapers basically, and nothing not even fame can change that... now get some rest baby girl" she said and with that she left my room.

I put my guitar in its place and laid in my bed. Is it true what she said...and with that I was out like a light.